Thursday, July 31, 2008

Please Pray

Hello friends.

I have a prayer request for you today. It's been a rough day, and it's only 10am!

Steph was sullen this morning, more sullen than usual. I wasn't feeling on top of the world myself and was less than patient with her.

I don't want to betray her confidence by going into details, but suffice to say I dropped a very sad and despondant girl at the school gate.

I have in the past let her come home when things have become too much for her to cope with at school, but this morning I told her that she can't keep running away, and I can't keep letting her.

So now I will worry all day that she is ok. And feel like the worst parent in the world. And get no work done whatsoever.

So please help me out and remember her (and me!) in your prayers.

Lord, please be with Stephanie today. Let her know that you love her just as she is, that she is your Princess, the daughter of a king. Help her to come to terms with her actions and deal with the consequences. Help me to help her.

7 valued opinions!:

My ADHD Me said...

The only thing harder than being a teen is being the parent of one. Personally, even though I am a pushover with my kids, I really think you did the right thing by making her stay at school, but I KNOW it was hard for you both.
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Praying. Mine was tearful this morning but I was a mean mum too. She did cheer up a bit on the car on the way to school (the wonders of music!)

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for your encouragement guys. I felt so terrible leaving her. She wasn't crying anymore but she looked as though it wasn't going to take much to set her off.

Like you Mary, I am a pushover. I'm really too quick to jump in and help out. I just want to fix everything for her and make all her problems go away.

Keep praying!

Kelly said...

I think you are setting a really good precedent. You are teaching her to face and deal with her problems. WHile it is very hard, once she learns this skill, she will have it for the rest of her life.

Go mom! You are a good mom. And remember what my husband always tells me "It is much easier to be a bad mom, then a good mom." Being a good mom is hard work, and sometimes comes with tears.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Kelly. Your encouragement means a lot.

She came home from school ok, and participated at netball training. She doesn't seem to be angry at me for being tough on her. I think it was just as tough on me as it was on her.

My ADHD Me said...

That quote that Chatty Kelly said about "it is easy to be a bad mom", is something she told me a long time ago. (I just hate it when my YOUNGER sister tells me something so wise, lol) It is also something that I think of at least twice a week....or more. It is SO easy to be a bad mom. To give in just to stop the whining or to give extra computer, tv, video game time just so I can get things done. Also, to say YES after you have already said NO 10 times. Being a good mom is VERY HARD!! Sounds like you and I both need to work on continuing to be consistent and following through with punishments etc. I know, I know. Don't you just hate it when they aren't happy! That's ok. We are preparing them for tomorrow when we won't always be around to fix everything.
P.S. I bet you and I will be in our 90's and still trying to fix our kids and grandkids problems!!

HisPrincess said...

Yes Mary I'm pretty sure we will!

It really is so hard when they aren't happy. When Steph is happy she is just delightful, and I want that person around all the time!