Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Decisions Decisions...

Pink has decided she will go away to school.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. After all this time worrying about whether or not Corey was holding her back, whether she was putting her dreams on hold, now I think I want to hold her back!

I'm awfully hard to please, I know that.

It's just...she's my baby. I want her to be sure of her decision, I want her to succeed and be happy. I'm trying so hard to not let my wants overshadow hers, but it's hard. It's natural to want to shield your kids from the mistakes you made.

So, I shall be praying that this is what is right for her. That she will bloom and grow into the beautiful young woman I know she can be. But most of all I pray that she will one day live for the glory of her Lord and Saviour. Because if she is doing that, everything else will fall into place.

4 valued opinions!:

My ADHD Me said...

Reading this post reminded me that my 17 yr old will be graduating high school next year and wants to travel the world. Terrifying!!

Reading some of your other posts shows me that you and I tend to think alike on many issues. (especially loved where you heard the voice in your head--well one of them).

Hi. I am Chatty Kelly's sister. I saw your blog on her's. My blogs are quite different than her's but they are all G rated.

If you are interested, stop by and say "Hi". I'll be visiting your blog more often now that I have found it.

Mary
My ADHD Me

HisPrincess said...

Hi Mary, thanks for visiting! I look forward to getting to know you better!

Kelly said...

It is a long time before school starts and Pink could change her mind. Having said that, I'm sure you have layed a strong foundation in bringing her up - -and the house built on the rock will stand firm in the storms of life. So hang in there!

HisPrincess said...

Kelly, you seem to have way more faith in my parenting ability than I do! Thanks for the encouragement.