Friday, July 25, 2008

Run to Him

This is something I am trying to learn.

In the past when I've felt down, or overwhelmed, or negative, or all of the above I have turned my back on the Lord. It's not something I do intentionally, there is no conscious thought process involved, it's just the way I react.

When something is really bothering me I shut down. I look around me and ask advice and help from friends, but I forget to look up.

Today I'm going to look up. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that, but I'm going to try because if there is one thing I have learned it's that I can't do it alone. I need the Lord. And here's a news flash, He doesn't want me to go it alone. He wants to help. Ok, that's probably not a news flash for you, but I've only just worked it out.

Just writing this down and verbalising my thoughts has already helped. I think that's the answer. I will write it all down. At least if I'm busy writing at my desk it will look like I'm working!

An update...Steph is still pretty down. Her self esteem has taken a real hit and that is taking it's toll on all of us. I think I'm feeling so low because I'm feeling for her. I hate it when my kids are hurting. I just want to fix it for her. BUT I am not the "Mr Fixit", that is up to the Lord, and I am trying to put my full trust in Him.

Lord, please help me to remember to turn to you and not try to go it alone. I'm really feeling for Steph and I want to do everything I can to help her, help me to help her. Help me with the right words to say to her. But mostly watch over her, keep her safe and let her know that she is precious to you.

4 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say "Amen" to your prayer (which means I'm agreeing with it in my spirit - sorry if you already knew that, didn't want to assume).

Sending you {{{HUGS}}}. I feel rather helpless right now to do anything else.

Joanie said...

Amen!

Wow, I should take some of my own advice... ;)

After a powerful post today (at least in my own little world), I have struggled in a major way and just want to pull the covers over my head and hide until there is a more pleasant time to come out and enjoy life again.

Thank you for the encouragement I needed to redirect this wandering mind of mine. You are a special friend!

Continuing to pray for you and me and the 'girls' and our families (and the boys that make life challenging, emotional and for "whatever else we feel justified in throwing in too!)

Once again, He is able...

HisPrincess said...

Lightening, you don't have to do anything more than what you are already doing. Like Joanie says. He is able.

Joanie,thanks for your continued support. And yes, lets keep praying!

Kelly said...

I too am a "Miss Fix-it". I'm sorry things are going tough - but I've already read your next post, so I know they get better.

Looking up is a great way to get things to look up!