Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Boris is Bad

You may remember me talking about my Boris. He is a Russian Blue cat, and most of the time he is my pride and joy. He's affectionate, and soft, and cuddly and just plain adorable.

But I've discovered he has an evil side (as do most cats!)

He loves to torment me in my sleep. Now I can hear you all saying that I should be shutting him out! Just don't let him in! But I'm afraid I'm weak, and he cries, so into bed he comes.

This arrangement has been fine until a few nights ago. I am now tired and grumpy because Boris wants to sleep on my neck. He waits until I am alseep and then he makes his move, he curls himself around my neck and stays there until I wake up gasping for air and spitting fur. I'm not sure why he suddenly feels the need to sleep on my neck. Kym says it's because he is evil and he is trying to smother me, to which I logically answered that if Boris was going to try to smother anyone, it would be Kym! Kym is the one who kicks him out of bed and pokes him when he is sleeping just for the fun of it.

As if that wasn't bad enough he seems to have developed another little habit. He snores. I kid you not. Well, its more of a moaning, squeeking noise than a snore.

I can see I'm going to have to get tough. Boris is going to have to sleep on his bed, and if he cries at our door he will have to be put outside.

But he's just so cute!

7 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

O, Girl! Cuteness or no, that cat - if he were mine - would have to go... Toot sweet, sleep is just too precious! Buy some ear plugs, and pat dear Boris' head as you leave him on HIS bed! (No, I didn't mean to be a poet!!!)

Kelly said...

I have this same problem with my 4 yr old daughter - LOL!

My 2 dogs used to sleep with us, until we stayed in a hotel on vacation (sans dogs) and I had the best night sleep of my life! I told my husband, it was the dogs or me...and now they sleep in their beds in the utility room every night. They fussed alittle at first, but we give them a treat when we "tuck them in" at night, and they adjusted very quickly.

Good luck!

My ADHD Me said...

Your cat Boris must be related to my dog Sydney. She doesn't try to sleep on the bed but every time I walk into the family room she is on the sofa. AT least she has gotten to the point where she jumps off when she sees me. Actually, that doesn't mean she is getting better...just sneakier.
Good Luck!

HisPrincess said...

I came up with a cunning plan last night! I put his bed in Scott's room! Scott sleeps like the dead so he didn't even notice. Boris complained a little but he gave up eventually. He just needs to be touching a human when he is sleeping. I couldn't put him outside, it's winter!

Joanie said...

:O Bye, bye kitty!

Boris is a bbbbaaaaaddddd kitty. I suppose he's SO spoiled that the barn is not an option! :)

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I had the same problem with my two older cats years ago. They had always slept with me. Then when Greg and I married, he said, "NO". I was heartbroken. I closed them up in the laundry room with a bowl of water each night. They cried for a night or two but then they loved that room. Often I would find my older cat, Ellie, curled up in the laundry basket asleep during the day. It became her haven. My Russian Blue, Temi, would sleep up on the dryer. That was their room!!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Joanie! I'm shocked! How could you suggest such a thing! LOL!

Leah, I think he will be fine after a couple night re training.