Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Diary of a teenage drama queen

Day One: Found out that my cousin kissed my boyfriend. I was planning to break up with him anyway, but he doesn't know that. I blame my cousin anyway. She should have known better. She already has a boyfriend. I hate her and am never speaking to her again. Well, not nicely anyway. Maybe I'll say hello at Christmas.

(notes from Mum) Steph's cousin kissed her boyfriend today. Steph is really angry and indignant that her cousin would choose her boyfriend over her. It's going to be a fun first week back at school. Not.

Day Two: Feeling grumpy and angry so I took it out on Mum on the netball court. Don't think she appreciated that. But honestly, wing defence? I hate wing defence! If I can't use the fact that my Mum is the coach to get my own way then whats the point of having Mum as the coach? Did lots of bad passes, mind not on the job. Saw the (ex) boyfriend, slapped him really hard. Made me feel better and it sounded really good. Went to friends house for tea with parents. Boyfriend was there. Talked to him but I still hate my cousin.

I can't believe that she has forgiven the boy and not her cousin. She doesn't seem to think that there are two sides to every story and this boy isn't worth fighting over. He's pretty smooth though, and good at sucking her in. Came close to strangling her during netball. Came to understand mothers who eat their young.

Day Three: Mum didn't even ask if I wanted to go to church. I hate church, boring. And there was no one to talk to there today. Friends are still away so no point. Got a phone call from cousin. Why is she calling me? Does she think I want to talk to her? Hello? Told her what I thought of her and hung up.

Cousin rang Steph today, Steph was less than polite. I almost think she is enjoying the drama.

Day Four: Back to school today. Didn't speak to (ex) boyfriend or cousin. Decided that neither of them are worthy of my attention.

Was proud of Steph today. She didn't react to cousin's needling and seemed to rise above it.

Day Five: Cousin has started sending nasty text messages. She obviously has no brains. If there was any chance of me forgiving her before there isn't now. Mum is asking me to be reasonable, and has this weird idea that I will feel better if I forgive them both and move on. Pfffft. As if. Hating them feels pretty good to me. Cousin is using her family as an excuse again. She brings that up every time she does something wrong. She's always playing the sympathy card and trying to make me look bad.

So much for rising above it. It's getting a bit nasty now and Steph is still adamant that she won't be forgiving anyone anytime soon.


Lord I pray that this will all blow over soon, and that Steph will find it in her heart to forgive. I think her relationship with her cousin has been permanently damaged but I pray that bridges can be mended and they can find a way to become friends again.

4 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

Ouch!! I'm so sorry you are having so much drama at your house! Wow. Is this the same boyfriend...I thought Steph had kissed another boy & they broke up? Am I behind the times?

You are making me very afraid! I have 2 young daughters you know...getting older every day!

HisPrincess said...

This is the boy that Steph kissed which caused the breakup of the boyfriend before....are you keeping up? She seems to have conveniently forgotten that she is guilty of the same crime...she says that's "different". Silly me. Of course.

I have pointed out that if this boy pursued her while she had a boyfriend then it stands to reason that he would do it again....but with her cousin who also happens to be his best friends girlfriend?

I should start writing a teenage drama series. I have all the ingredients.

Joanie said...

LOL! ROFL! My side is aching from laughing so hard as I read all this... ;-)

Okay, I know it's not that funny. Maybe it's because I've read quite a bit of the DRAMA over the past few months and we've shared via e-mail. Wow! You SO have your hands full. You could write a teenage drama series ~ at least you'd make some money from her antics!

Alright - serious now. I really wish you could place a GIANT MIRROR in front of her, so she could she how foolish she is (I have held a mirror in front of Elizabeth before, when she was being ridiculous. For some reason, she wasn't amused at the time.) Don't you wish you could videotape it and let her watch her foolishness?!

It's no wonder that you need a cuppa every morning AND another and another and another...

HisPrincess said...

Yes Joanie, this hasn't helped my caffeine addiction!

And it's ok to laugh! The post was pretty tongue in cheek....it's not like I really know what's going on in her head! That's probably a good thing! *shudder*