So where did the last one go? I thought I might make a list of what I've achieved this year to inspire me to bigger and better things next year.
Now. Lets see.
- I didn't get any fatter. I only got mildly thinner but at least no fatter.
- I survived having three teenagers in my house (sometimes four with the boyfriend included) withouth committing any murders.
- I am learning to live with the fact that my little girl has a steady boyfriend. EEEEK!
- I started a creative writing course. Just for me.
- I had moments of tolerance and patience and I think I've come a long way in stopping and thinking rather than just reacting. Just need to teach this skill to DD now!
- I feel that I have moved forward in my faith.
- I finally took the leap and started worship leading, and it wasn't scary! I'm loving it!
- I'm not beating myself up about past transgressions anymore and I'm well on the way to truly believing that I am forgiven. That giant leap required the love of a beautiful friend (thanks Jodi) and a lovely Christian counselor.
- My house is tidy most of the time!
So, that was this year. My aims for next year are:
- To write in my prayer journal and spend time reading the Lords word at least three times a week (not including church!)
- To finish my writing course, and maybe attempt something to be published.
- To support my family and help them to get to know the Lord as I do, without nagging, sulking or bribing (these methods I have tried already with limited success).
- To leave the above to the Lord and let him speak through me.
- Lose another 5kg.
- To appreciate the things I have and be grateful.
- To tell my family and friends that I love them, not just at Christmas time.
Right. I think thats enough. Should keep me busy for the year! I will check back in a few months and see how I am doing!