Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I know I promised but.......

I get so cross at myself sometimes. I set myself a small goal this week. Give a few moments to the Lord each morning before I get up to commit my day to the Lord. Such a worthwhile goal but do you think I have managed it? No. The first thing I think is "what time is it" closely followed by "what day is it" then I run through the grumblings and mumblings of getting up, getting dressed for work, getting lunch packed for the kids, getting us all out of the house. Its all about me and what I think I need to achieve. And trust me, in the morning none of this is done with a grateful or thankful heart!

So......tomorrow is a new day. I shall try again, and again, and again until one day I can make a daily devotion daily!!!!

Thankyou Lord for your patience with me. I pray that I can greet each day with thanksgiving in my heart and continue throughout the day to live for your glory.
Amen.

2 valued opinions!:

lightening said...

I'm still trying too!!! I do alright for a while and then slip again. I think it's pretty normal.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Lightening.
I know we are all still trying...but I know I need to try harder.