Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Priorities

Its not a merry Christmas for everyone is it.

We are spending our Christmas this year with my parents who live about 41/2 hours from us. Today as we were preparing our traditional Christmas dinner, Mum (who is a volunteer ambulance officer) was called out. She had to pick someone up from the hospital in town and ferry them to the RFDS (that's Royal Flying Doctor Service) airstrip to be flown out. They were having a psychotic episode and couldn't be calmed or contained in the small local hospital.

It brought me back to earth a bit. How lucky am I. I have a family who loves me, a safe home and a Lord who has forgiven me.

Thankyou Lord that you sent your only Son to save me. Today as I write I am so thankful that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ came to the earth to save me from the sins He knew I was going to commit. Thankyou Lord for your Grace and Forgiveness. I feel truly blessed. Help me to remember the true meaning of Christmas everyday and not get caught up in the festivities and business but take time to contemplate what a gift you are to me. The best present of all came wrapped in swaddling cloths and lay in a manger. Help me grow closer to you and I pray that I can let myself be an instrument of praise for you. Amen.

0 valued opinions!: