Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scott in action

Scott asked me to come outside this afternoon and take some photo's of him riding his bike, so I thought I might share them with you as well!

Here he is jumping over his favourite jump. He helped his Dad build the jumps that he has around the farm and apparently some just work better than others. This one he says is a good one.

He is starting to include tricks in his jumps. Thankfully none of our jumps give him enough height to try out anything really stupid, umm, I mean adventerous. He desperately wants to learn all the cool (stupid) tricks like letting go of the handlebars and doing hand stands. I won't be blogging about that, because I won't be watching.



We stayed out there for a half an hour or so, which is how long it took me to get a couple of decent photo's. It's not very easy to photograph a moving target, I kept telling him to slow down, but he wasn't listening. Said he couldn't hear me with his helmet on.

5 valued opinions!:

My ADHD Me said...

He looks like he's really good! Isn't it terrifying to watch your child do stuff like this! I used to cringe every time one of my kids even did skateboard tricks. But nothing has been scarier than watching one drive away in the car!!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! When you said bike, I was thinking bicycle. (My kids are 4 & 8). Then I saw the photo - MOTOR bike! wow. He is really good. You must be proud.

Thanks for sharing with us.

As for the helmet - my kids must wear invisible helmets because they can't hear anything I say either. LOL!

HisPrincess said...

Mary, he has come off plenty of times in the process, and keeps nagging Kym to help him build higher jumps. He absolutely loves his motorbike. One of the perks of living on a farm, we can even claim it as a business expense!

Kelly, I don't know that proud is the right word. Terrified seems to fit better! I've watched him land a jump badly on his then brand new motorbike...he hurt himself but he also hurt his bike, and that's what really upset him. We had to buy new handle bars when the bike was only a week old! Scott is a natural when it comes to balance though, and seems to stay on the bike more often than not.

HisPrincess said...

PS. Mary, another perk of being a farm kid is that both mine are already driving. Not sure if thats a good thing or not when it comes to letting them loose on the road, they are both pretty confident and think they have it all in hand.

My ADHD Me said...

It's the confidence while driving that scares me. Lucky for me, mine's not quite as confident as he was at first. hhmmm
That just gave me an idea for a new post.
As for the cookies, well, um...I messed up. I make the Toll House Nestle choc chip cookies.It is the one thing I make that everyone loves. There are 2 separate recipes on the back of the package. Well, somehow I got the 2 recipes intermixed. Who would think that adding just 2 tbsp of milk to regular choc chip cookies would have made such a difference! They were edible but definately not my finest hour.