Thursday, August 7, 2008

Am I getting in the way?

Something I read while relaxing in a nice warm bubble bath just now has got me thinking...

Am I getting in the Lords way?

How do I know whether or not my attempts to help Stephanie are hindering the Lord?

Does the mere fact that I'm contemplating this mean that I am, indeed, getting in the way?

I guess the best course of action for me to take now is to hand her over, get my hands off in order to let him do his stuff.

Lord, help me to reliquish Stephanie completely into Your hands. I know I've done this before but I keep wanting to snatch her back, out of my own fear and lack of faith. Forgive me for forgetting that I must surrender every aspect of her life to You. I know I can trust You to bring her through this dark period she is having, in whatever way You see fit. Help me to let go and give Stephanie to You unreservedly. I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

1 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

I don't know your situation personally, but I do know that God calls us to lead the lost, and to intercede on their behalf.

Yes, don't get in the way, but continue to be a light shinning to show the way...the Way, the Truth, the Life...Jesus.