Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beauty From Pain

Beauty from Pain is a song by Superchick that Stephanie is listening to a lot lately.

As I'm sure you know Superchick are a fantastic Christian rock band. Their songs are meaningful, beautiful and sometimes controversial. They write about issues facing teenagers of today like self harm, eating disorders, depression and bullying, with a Christian viewpoint.

I would put a youtube link in here now if I knew how to share the song with you, but I'm not that clever!

While I'm thrilled that Stephanie is listening to a Christian band, I'm a little nervous that this is the song she seems to listen to a lot.

My whole world is the pain inside me,
The best I can do is just get through the day.
When life before is only a memory,
I wonder why God let's me walk through this place.

Is this how she really feels? The song goes on to reassure you that God will see you through any trial and He will never leave you but I'm not sure Stephanie is hearing that right now...I'm not even sure that she believes in God anymore.

The chorus is full of hope, I just hope she is hearing it.

After all this has passed
I still will remain
After I've cried my last
There'll be beauty from pain
Though it won't be today
Someday I'll hope again
And there'll be beauty from pain
You will bring beauty from my pain

Lord, I pray that Stephanie is hearing you speak to her through this beautiful song. I pray that she hears the promise, that you will always stand by her, and you will bring her through this difficult time that she is experiencing.

6 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

We love Superchick at our house Does your daughter know Relient K? This is a song that my daughter loves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBCjNT7aDsk
It gets her through...

Kelly said...

Comment 1 - I would take great hope if Stephanie is seeking solice in godly music. I know that is what impresses my heart too. The lyrics may seem harsh, but teens are so very harsh.

I pray that Stephanie will stand with God in the face of pain as well.

Kelly said...

Comment 2 - Technical Support.

Well since I can't come on over and teach you to link, like I do (Try to do) for Mary (My ADHD) - I'll tell you secret.

www.bloggingbasics101.com

Just go there and type your question in the search box ("linking videos") and it will give you the instructions. Simple.

HisPrincess said...

Wendy: No she doesn't listen to Relient K, I will look them up and see what she thinks.

Kelly: Yes I am taking hope in the fact that she is listening to Christian music, at least some of the time. I will continue to pray that she hears Him speak to her through this.

And thanks for the tip, I will look up the website!

Joanne Brokaw said...

Greetings! I was doing some research and stumbled across your blog.

I don't know your daughter, but I would just share that it's encouraging that if your daughter is feeling down or that the world feels dark that she's turned to a Christian band that can share a message of hope, rather than a maintream band with empty lyrics.

Your friend suggested Relient K. There is a ton of great music out there depending on the style of music your daughter likes. You might want to check out Newsboys (from Australia!),Krystal Meyers, The Wrecking, Jimmy Needham, Jeremy Camp, Mainstay, 10th Avenue North, Above the Golden State, Shawn McDonald, Sarah McIntosh, New World Son, Rush of Fools ... I could go on. :)

I host the Gospel Soundcheck blog at Beliefnet.com. There are some reviews up there, and if I can suggest anything else don't hesitate to ask!

All the best,
Joanne Brokaw
www.blog.beliefnet.com/gospelsoundcheck

sailorcross said...

Hi!!

I found you through Faithful Firefly! I was reading through some of your posts and came upon this about your daughter.

I will keep her in my prayers. Whatever she is facing, take solace in the fact that she is seeking God through music.

I know that I often do that myself, and He will speak to me through a song.

And thank God for sending you rain, even if the roads are muddy!!

Hope your tooth feels better!

Beth