Monday, August 25, 2008

Please Pray

Last night after a four year long battle the father of one of Stephanie's close friends succumbed to cancer.

He is no longer in pain, his fight is over, he is with our Lord in eternity.

He leaves behind a wife and five children. They will take comfort in the knowledge that he is finally free of the pain and that he has gone home, but losing a father and husband at such a young age will still be very difficult.

They have prayed for and believed in a cure for him and I'm worried that this may knock their faith. He may have left this earth, but he is healed.

So please pray for this family, for the children who have lost their father, and for a wife who has just lost her second husband to cancer.

Lord, thank you that Grant is free and that he is with you. I pray for his wife and children, especially Steph's friend who has already carried a huge burden in helping her Mum with the younger children while her Dad was so ill. I pray that they will look to you for comfort and not turn away from you now when they need you most. I pray that Steph can be a comfort to her friend, and not be afraid to speak to her for fear of saying the wrong thing. If there is anything I can do to help this family please place it on my heart.

5 valued opinions!:

My ADHD Me said...

This will be undoubtedly difficult for the family and for Stephanie too. We went through this last year except it was the mom, (she was 44) and a wonderful woman. It hit my 12 year old hard and ever since then has spent way too much time worrying about me. I guess before that he never considered that someone his age could have their mom die.
Stephanie may be uncomfortable at first and worried that she'll say the wrong thing....tell her just be there. Her friend may want to talk about it or she may want to talk about completely different things....but she'll probably want to talk.

Joanie said...

Life is unfair... It's so hard to live in a sin-filled, broken world. We are all affected by 'the way the world is', but it never makes it any easier. I'm still wrestling with this knowledge.

Lord God ~ I pray for Your comfort, peace and provision for this precious family. May they know that Dad/Husband has been set completely free and he will greet each of his family members, one day, in heaven. Encourage them, be near to them, help them to know You are in control even when it seems life is stormy and chaotic all around them. Give Stephanie wisdom to be a comfort and good friend right now. May You speak to her heart to share the right words with her friend. And please, may this family feel Your presence in their lives grow stronger and be drawn even closer to You, Lord Jesus! May this family be surrounded by a loving, faithful community and may everyone see Christ in and through each other's lives. Thank you for loving and setting us free... In Your precious and wonderful name ~ Amen.

I still struggle when I hear of this type of news... I continue to rely on God's Word for His truth and the understanding the enables each one of us to keep on keepin' on! Just this morning, our pastor shared with us from James 4:13-17; reminding us to make each day count for we don't know what tomorrow holds for any of us...

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish I had some great words of wisdom,but this is one area where I just don't get it. Wonderful parents taken home, then we have parents who abuse there kids and then get to stay on earth.

God is in control, God is in control. God is in control.
Repeat.

HisPrincess said...

Yes I find myself at a bit of a loss in these circumstances too.

But like you said Kelly. God is in control. Repeat 500 times if necessary!

Carmen said...

Saw your comment @ leah's post...and I wanted to say hello so that you know a sister is praying for you...a sister who the LORD drew up out of a deep pit and continues to rebuild what I tried to destroy in my hopelessness...me.

hopeless no more!
shalom aleichem Sister...

Psalm 40:1-3