Monday, August 18, 2008

Attitude Check

I struggled to be nice today.

I mean I really struggled.

Everyone bothered me. I was intolerant. I was over sensitive. I was ungracious. I just wasn't a very nice person.

And I had no real reason that I can pinpoint. Sure my tooth hurts but I have drugs for that. It's not that time of month, so can't use that excuse. Work is a bit stressful at the moment but nothing out of the ordinary. So, I can't actually rationalise what my problem is. Because I don't really know.

So, tomorrow is a new day, and a new opportunity to try to live the way my Lord would want me to.

Philippians 2:5
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus


I'm afraid today, and if I'm honest, most days, I fall well short of this.

Lord, help me to not let circumstances get me down and forget to be grateful. Help me to give thanks to you for all you have done for me, help me to pray with thanksgiving and faith. Forgive me for the unkind thoughts I've had and words I have spoken. Help me to guard my tongue and use it only to speak life and glorify you.

4 valued opinions!:

My ADHD Me said...

Don't forget to ask your dentist about the mouth guard!! Actually, when I got mine it was around $300.00. We went on a trip and I lost it the 2nd day I had it! We don't have dental insurance so I went to a sporting goods store, bought a mouthguard for about $1.99. Boiled it (directions on bag), cut it down and molded it to my teeth and it worked just as well. I usually replace it 4-5 times a year.
Feel better!!

Kelly said...

Do you have Hannah Montana in Austrialia? Even if you do (a pop television star), you might not be familiar since you're kids are older. But one of her songs says
"No body's perfect, I got to work it, again and again 'til I get it right."

So don't be so hard on yourself. Nobody's perfect.

HisPrincess said...

Mary: Is it hard sleeping with a mouthguard? Do you still grind with it on?

Kelly: Yes we have Hannah Montana and no I'm not familiar with her songs. We see her show occasionally but my kids aren't really interested.

I just find if I don't keep a close check on myself I'm reverting back to old habits. And those habits are far from Godly!

Joanie said...

Praying today is a 'good' day full of God's grace and joy! May you realize how much He loves you, how patient He is with each of His children and how much JOY you bring to His heart...

May your dentist appointment go well, minimal pain (take arnica tablets) and your long term problems solved. He is our Healer in every situation. I'm so thankful He is with us always!

Thinking of you often... :)