Monday, August 18, 2008

A trip to the dentist...

Yay. I'm thrilled. Not.

I've just come from the doctor who told me there is nothing wrong with my ears.

On the same side of my face that I have been experiencing ear/jaw pain I have one broken tooth, and one wisdom tooth growing sideways. Obviously I was kidding myself when I was hoping for a mere ear infection!

So I have made an appointment with a dentist in Port Lincoln. I have been going to our local dentist here but there is a three month waiting period, and at the rate my teeth seem to be breaking I will have none left by then.

My appointment is on Wednesday, and now I'm hoping that it's just the broken tooth causing the pain, because a filling is way easier than having a wisdom tooth out! I wasn't supposed to get any more wisdom teeth. When I was 21 I had the bottom two removed (and it's still a vivid and painful memory) and xrays taken which showed that I didn't have any wisdom teeth growing at all on my top row. Lucky me to be so wise to grow one in secret, and then grow it sideways.

Sigh. I just really don't need this right now.

Hope everyone else is having a better day than me!

5 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

I'm off to the dentist. Appointment at 1. I broke a tooth eating a second Mintie at a women's event at church on Saturday.. moral in there somewhere..

Joanie said...

Oh dear... :( So sorry to hear that your teeth are troubling you. Do you have Arnica cream? You can rub some on the area of your face where your teeth are causing your pain.

For the past few months, it's seemed like "if it's not one thing, it's another"! (for both of us)

I'll be praying! :)

Kelly said...

Oh my! Mention to your dentist about TMJ, see what he says.

Hope it is something simple and painfree!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get relief from that pain real soon - not nice... sending prayers up for you.

Re your previous post, teenage angst is difficult. I pray your daughter is still aware of God's presence, and that the influences she has will only serve to draw her nearer to Him.

Loads of blessings to you...

HisPrincess said...

Wendy: I have very chalky teeth and they break ridiculously easily. I can't eat my favourite lollies anymore, columbines...mmmmm. Perhaps I could suck on one!

Joanie: Yes I do have arnica and no it's not working! Hope things are going well for you, haven't heard in a while, must catch up soon.

Kelly: Is it possible to have a pain free visit to the dentist? Certainly not in my experience!

Naomi: Thanks for you prayers for Steph. We need all the help we can get at the moment.