Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Prayer Day


Today much of my time was spent in prayer, I honestly don't know how I ever coped with anything without prayer...

Steph had a bit of a rough day, and I think there will be more rough days before she comes out the other side of this fog she is travelling through. I was tough, and mean again, and made her stay at school.

I feel quite strongly that the darkness she is experiencing is Satan. He is trying to steal her joy, her self worth, her smile.

So at the moment I am concentrating my prayers on praying for protection for Steph. I'd like to take to her bedroom walls with a marker and write scripture everywhere but I don't think she'd appreciate that on her newly painted pink walls. I'll have to come up with a more subtle method. I just feel really strongly that I need to be vigilant.

I have been reading Psalms tonight, and a couple have jumped out at me:

Psalm 23:20 Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.

Psalm 23:18 Look upon my affliction and my distress and tak away all my sins.
This one in particular in relation to Stephanie. I told her that she will feel happy again, that good things will happen. She said "Good things don't happen to bad people." So in light of that comment I think I will continue to pray Psalm 23:18 over her.

Also Psalm 121:7 The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life.
That's pretty comforting for me too!

Steph has a couple of days off school now. Tomorrow the teachers are going on strike for half a day, with the second half of the day being supervised study for secondary students. I have told her she can take the whole day if she studies at home. I will of course be checking up on her! On Thursday she has a work shadowing day as part of her agricultural studies. She gets to follow a farmer around for the day and help out (not her Dad!). She has chosen a very dear friend of ours (who also happens to be her God Father) and she will enjoy the day with him. She has always had a bond with that family and they really care for her so I'm hoping that will be refreshment for her soul.

Lord, please protect Stephanie and watch over her now while she sleeps. Take this time of rest to heal her Lord. Let her feel your presence and the safety of sheltering in your arms. I pray that she will see the need for you in her life, and will turn to you for all the help and comfort she needs. Let her know that no matter what she is facing, there is an answer in your arms. Please look upon her affliction and her distress and take away all her sins, help her forgive herself as you have forgiven her. I pray the you will watch over her life and keep her from harm.

Cheeky Stephanie. We want her back.

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it awesome to be able to give our dear ones to God in prayer! I have often found it helpful to actually go into their rooms and pray for them when they are not in there - for protection, wisdom etc... have you ever tried this? No pressure whatsoever though !
Lynette

Joanie said...

Great picture of Stephanie! I will continue to pray for His JOY to overflow in her life and for His Truth to set her FREE...

I love Lynette's idea. I think I'll incorporate it for our children.

Another thought came to me: You said you wanted to write scripture on Stephanie's wall. So do it ~ well, sort of.

Perhaps you could write scriptures on paper and attach them to the underside of her bed frame (could even be in multiple places), under the drawers of her dresser, on the back side of desk drawers (if she has a desk in her room). Anyway, I'm sure you get the idea... Allow God to reveal 'secret' places in her room/belongings where you can PLANT His Word! Again, I think I'll incorporate this into my own home... :)

Kelly said...

I did pray for her today, and will continue to do so. Hang in there.

lightening said...

Yes, we are waging a battle here. A spiritual battle. And I fully agree with you on what is happening in Steph's life right now.

It never ceases to amaze me how God goes before us and prepares the way. How he has used this blog and your passion for writing and brought together a group of prayer warriors from all over the world. Satan doesn't stand a chance.

Keep praying and keep blogging. You're doing an amazing job. Even if it doesn't feel like it at times (Satan loves to discourage us doesn't he).

Dear Lord, We just lift Steph up before you now and claim her life as yours. May she search out your peace and your love as a solution to her struggles. May her desperation draw her into your loving and protective arms. We cover her now with the blood of the lamb, asking that you will build a hedge of protection over her and that your angels will cover and protect her from Satan's pull. I thank you and praise you for the awesome group of prayer warriors that you have drawn together at this blog. Bless and protect each one of them and speak to their hearts. Show them how you would have them pray. That we might see your victory in this situation. Our hearts desire is that you will be glorified in this and every situation in our lives. We thank you for the gift of the internet and the way it can close the miles between us. We know that in all things good, Satan tries to use them for bad. Our hearts desire is that the internet will be used for your glory Lord. Show us your ways for our lives. Bless abundantly each person who reads this prayer. You truly are an awesome God!!! Amen.

HisPrincess said...

Lynette, yes I have thought of this, trouble is she is always there! Her room is her refuge which is why I feel it so important to make it an annointed and safe place.

GREAT idea's Joanie! I remember you writing scripture throughout your basement as you re modeled, and that's where the idea of writing scripture in Steph's room came from.

Jodi, thankyou for that wonderful prayer. I'm trying hard to remain focussed and strong. Have to keep reminding myself that I can't do it alone.

Kelly thank you so much for your prayers. I really appreciate it. It's just amazing the support I get from this blog. I'm so thankful the Lord brought us all here together.

Anonymous said...

Back again.

I have just read a very special blog called Christian Love Stories. Long story but since the author Kristy (a well known Christian lady)of the blog recently passed away, her hubby Milton (an amazing man) has taken over and keeping us all informed of his happenings.

The entry I found today I felt really fitted in with your needs Sharon so I have pasted it here for us all to read and learn from.

Milton is often a challenge in his soft way!


From "Christian Love Stories"
http://www.christianlovestories.blogspot.com/

Milton, here for Kristy:

Can I ask a favor from you today? This isn't a favor I'm asking from you for me, but a favor I'm asking for someone close to you. Look around you. It is really a small favor but with huge consequences for someone. You can do it. I know you can do it.

Just listen to them. Don't talk. Just listen.

Quieten your spirit and pay attention to someone within voice range. Someone who is trying to say something that is big and hurtful and needy within his or her heart. It may be coming out in a real angry or in a harsh tone. It may not sound good. You may not have the answer at all to their need. All that really doesn't matter.

This is what matters. Will you listen to your son or daughter or spouse or sibling or mom or dad or a coworker or a stranger? Can you forget for just a moment what is hurting you or what is important to you?

Jesus listens. His ear is open. He understands. Maybe we need to be more like Jesus and listen. I'm probably the world's worst at this because preachers talk. They talk a lot. They have lots to say. They talk long and with great intensity. We aren't always good listeners, but we should be. I am learning that sometimes all people need is for someone to listen even when what they are saying doesn't make sense.

Maybe I can be more like Jesus and just listen.

You know what? I really would rather paint a word picture of how people are listening to me and illustrate my desire for this favor rather than writing a preachy sounding post. So many are listening to me now. I need that. You are listening to me right now. But I can't paint that word picture, and really I don't feel that is what I am supposed to do.

I feel like I should just ask you to listen to someone today. Someones needs a kind ear and tender heart.

Thanks.

***

This really brought tears to my eyes! We can all learn a lesson from this!
Pray you are each blessed out of your sox!

Lynette
from Adelaide

Kelly said...

I woke in the middle of the night last night, and unable to sleep sent up more prayers for your daughter.

I also had the idea of writing scripture regarding protection or fear on 3" x 5" file cards and taping them to the walls, or even packing 1 in her lunch every day to read, etc. So that she builds up some scriptures to recall in times of fear and sadness at school.

If you go to biblegateway.com and type in "fear" or "protection" or any word you are studying, it brings up all the scriptures with that topic. I use it ALL the time.

Leah Adams said...

Just remember..all that separates you from your heavenly Father is your thin veil of flesh. Know, know, know that He hears your prayers and is already answering them.

Leah