Sunday, August 3, 2008

Footprints in the sand

Last night we spent the night at Port Neill, a beautiful coastal town about 30 minutes drive from where we live. We are very fortunate to have a beach house (or shack as we call it here in Australia) that has been in the family for a couple of generations. If you tried to buy this real estate now you'd be looking at an awful lot of money.

So, this is the view that I woke up to this morning. It was such a balm to my weary and wounded soul. The beauty, serenity and unspoiltness of this place never fails to take my breath away.
Scott and I decided to walk around to the point and back after breakfast. We had a lovely walk together, chatting about this and that. He still asks lots of questions. I thought he'd have been past that stage by 13, but is still an inquisitive little boy at heart. The footprint on the left is his. So much for being a little boy!

And just when I thought he was all grown up he still likes to climb around rocks, find interesting shells, and squeeze himself into holes!
Scott decided you needed to see a photo of me. So here I am. It was a lovely way to spend an hour on a Sunday morning before we had to pack up and come home.

I feel so blessed to live where I do. We can visit this beautiful place anytime and we tend to take it for granted. As we tend to take most of the blessings in our lives for granted. My challenge this week is to be thankful for what I have, to praise the Lord for the amazing blessings he gives me every day.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

So, there a couple of challenges there for me. "Do not be anxious about anything", and "with thanksgiving".

Lord please help me to remember to be thankful for what I have, and thank you so much for the many blessings I receive from You daily. Thank you for guiding me to look inside myself and highlighting the areas I need help with. As I start another week I pray that I can look to you in times of stress, and remain calm in the knowledge that it's all in Your hands.

9 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful morning with your beautiful boy! You look so pretty and relaxed on the rocks. Ah, a house by the seaside - who could ask for anything more... Hold onto that!!! I should look on the atlas, but I'll ask you anyway, are you anywhere near Port Pirie (I think that's how you spell it...)? My friends have moved back to SA, to a little country town, and are not far from Port P.. But, I've only ever stopped over at the airport, once, so I don't know what's where. I would love to get down there sometime soon...

And you're a Queenslander! Luv, where's your neck of the woods?!!! I was up in Maleny today at Mary Cairncross Park - have you ever been there? It is so breathtaking and lush and I so didn't want to come home, even though, I'm thankful for what I have here!!!

Thanks for the prompting of the heart with the verse and prayer points. We do forget ourselves more often then we should. I'm certainly thankful for His grace and forgiveness, that's for sure. I hope and pray that all is well with you, and that you have a wonderful start to the week... Naomi

Anonymous said...

wow - what an awesome place - when can we come visit? lolol

Lelia Chealey said...

PRETTY!! You look as if you're anxious for nothing on top of those rocks!
What great memories made.

Enjoyed this post. It is very encouraging to my heart. Thanks for seeing God in your weekend and sharing it with us.

Kelly said...

What a BEAUTIFUL place!! I am awed by it. And you quoted my prayer in church today, "forgive me for taking for granted the many blessings in my life and let me notice them."

I'm so glad you were blessed! And your boy is a cutie, and it was awesome to finally see you too.

HisPrincess said...

Naomi, I was born in Warwick, have family in Toowoomba but grew up in St Lawrence. We used to take shopping trips to Mackay and Rockhampton.
We live about 300km south west of Pt Pirie, down the western side of Spencer Gulf.

Wendy, you are welcome anytime! Maybe we should hold a control freaks convention!

Lelia, something about being near the sea, being surrounded by God's breathtaking beautiy, it chases all the angst away.

Kelly, I had no idea I was quoting you! Perhaps we were both saying what God put on our heart to say.
And yes, Scott is a cutie, but I'm a bit biased!

Joanie said...

Sharon ~

What a beautiful place and gift for your lives! I love being near the water too... It's always so calming and peaceful to my soul.

I LOVE climbing in the rocks and exploring myself ~ I shall never totally grow up!

What a special picture of you! I really like it ~ thank you Scott.

Hope it's refreshed you and you're ready for a new week! Still praying...

HisPrincess said...

Hi Joanie!
I have spent many hours exploring those very rocks, and still love it. You always find something new!

Leah Adams said...

Well, I am so glad to have a face to go with your blog. Your beautiful face fit perfectly with the beautiful scenery. I'm so glad you had a good little get away!!Everyone needs one of those!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Leah, isn't it funny, I look at that photo and all I see are fat thighs!