Friday, August 15, 2008

Flat Friday

After the huge week I've had, I have to say today I am struggling.

So much is on my mind, and my mind isn't really up to having much on it!

So, I'm going to have a little whinge to you all, sorry in advance, and I won't be offended if you stop reading now!

I have an ear ache, or maybe a tooth ache. I'm not sure, I'm hoping it's an ear ache because I really don't like dentists (no offence to your hubby Leah!).

I am tired. So very tired. I cry when I'm tired. I've just had lunch and watched Libby Tricket get a silver medal in the 100m butterfly. She isn't having a good meet our Libby, she scraped into the final because someone else was disqualified. She led the whole race til the last stroke, and then was so beautiful and gracious in defeat it made me cry. Then she was so grateful and thankful for making the final and getting a silver medal it made me cry again. Now I'm crying just thinking about it. Like I said, I cry when I'm tired.

I have so much work to do and I just can't get my head in the right space.

I argued with Kym earlier in the week about being a Christian. He called it a cult. I didn't know what to say to that. So I threw the remote control at him and went to bed. I don't think that's what the Lord wanted me to do. It was so heartbreaking to hear, I thought we were starting to knock down that wall he's built around himself.

Ok. Enough of that....some good stuff has happened so I'm going to try to focus on the positives.

Stephanie is pretty happy at the moment. I'm pretty sure we have made it through a week without tears.

The day after telling me I belong to a cult Kym worked voluntarily with all the other "cult" members in our church, raising money for our church. And he was happy to do it. Go figure. When I'm thinking logically and not getting all upset (which I'm not really capable of at the moment) I don't think he really meant that. And I'm hoping this means that Satan is getting worried and is starting to really put up a fight.

We had more rain during the week. And it's just starting to rain again now.

Tomorrow I get to sleep in. Now that is really worth being thankful for!

Lord, please help me to remember to be thankful for all that you have given me. Help me to remain calm in the face of opposition and not let my emotions get the better of me. Help me to speak love and life to my family and to allow you to speak through me.

9 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Hugs, my dear.. it sounds like there are hormonal issues with the crying 9well there are with me anyway - I cried for Libby too - what a gem of a human being!)
What's with the cult accusation? My DH reckons certain denominations are cults. Email me if you like - we can chat

HisPrincess said...

Honestly, I think he was trying to get a bite out of me, and it worked beautifully. Completely caught me off guard so I just reacted without thinking....

I do that a lot really, must work on that.

Anonymous said...

I'm tired and flat too. I bit my tongue today!!! Too tired to put it back in my mouth before I closed it I think. LOL.

As for the remote thing - I think you're being too hard on yourself. Sounds like a perfect reaction to me. :) And it sounds like you're seeing things for what they are quite clearly (things can hot up for a while when Satan tries to take that last ditched effort). Hang in there and keep praying. God has this all in hand.

Kelly said...

Sweet Sharon. I think you have 'TMJ'. If you google TMJ Syndrome you will find it is from clenching your jaw (often in your sleep) when you are STRESSED. It causes great pain and you can't figure out if it is your ear or a toothache. It is actually your jaw. I suffer from this when I am stressed. I could be wrong - OBVIOUSLY, but when you said you couldn't tell if it was your ear or jaw - BANG - TMJ jumped into my head.

I'm so sorry you are having a tough week. I think you are right about Satan. So just tell him to Flee! (If you tell the devil to flee, he must flee!) That is scripture, but I can't find the reference.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have been feeling down, and I hope and pray that once you have some good sleeps you'll begin to feel alot better. Go steady on yourself re your Husband... just remember, Jesus overturned tables when he was angry!

My ADHD Me said...

It is almost 11:30 P.M. here on the east coast of The United States. I have no idea what time it is there but I am hoping you are sleeping peacefully and will awaken refreshed (after you have slept in).
When you are tired, everything seems more stressful.
Check into what Chatty Kelly said about TMJ. I grind my teeth so badly in my sleep that I have to wear a mouth guard at night. When I forget to wear it I wake up with little pieces of my teeth in my mouth. yuck. Imagine my dental bills!
Now picture me asleep, wearing a big ole mouth guard and probably drooling on my pillow.....See, I knew you could smile!!

HisPrincess said...

Lightening: I'm hoping and praying that you are right, and you usually are.

Kelly and Mary: Thats interesting about TMJ, I've never heard of it. A few years ago I had to have a tooth removed because it had a hair line crack right down to the root. The dentist thought that was caused by grinding but didn't mention anything about TMJ. Must look it up. Maybe I need a mouth guard too! And a plastic cover on my pillow!

Naomi: thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty hard on myself when I lose my temper like that, it's all about control with me, and I don't like to feel that I'm not in control. Losing your temper is definately losing control and I just don't like it. It did have the required effect though, he was very contrite, I think he realised pretty quickly that he crossed the line.

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

I am so with you on the dentist thing despite being married to one. I DO NOT like to go to the dentist.

Sounds like Satan is feeling pretty threatened and he was using your hubby to attack you. Good sign though that he worked alongside the members of the church to accomplish something needful. Keep on letting Jesus shine through you!!

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Leah.

It must be pretty tough being a dentist sometimes, knowing that people dread coming to see you!