Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Poor old knees!

Over the past two days I have spent a lot of time climbing in and out of tractors. Really big tractors. I actually have trouble reaching the first step to climb up into them.

Yesterday was spent preparing for our bi annual Eyre Peninsula Field Day. The field day runs for three days and it's huge. I work for a Case IH dealer so we have a large display of tractors, combines, front end loaders etc. It was my job to print off specification sheets for each piece of machinery and stick them in the cab so that when a farmer came along to have a look all the information was there in front of them.

Today was the first day of the field day, and I spent most of the day on my feet, which is something my poor netball battered old knee's just aren't used to. I handed out brochures and giveaways to the kids and had a pretty enjoyable day. Beats sitting in the office, and it was lovely to get out and about and talk to people from all over the state.

Tomorrow is more of the same but I'm going to try to remember my camera so that I can take some photo's to share. Tomorrow I also hope to have a bit of time to go have a look around at the other display's. There are many shopping opportunities!

So now I'm taking my tired and weary legs off to bed, to rest up for another day!

All those who have jobs that keep them on their feet all day...I salute you!

5 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

I'm still wondering what is netball? In the US we have soccer and volleyball, and I am suspecting it is one of those??? Do you know?

Guess you couldn't qualify for the Olympics with those old knees? But I think of you every time I see an Australian team compete. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Bless your cotton socks! Hope you and your weary limbs have a good snooze and wake feeling very refreshed.

My ADHD Me said...

I'm on my feet all day but I need to be...ADHD's can't stand sitting still!
I had to laugh at your comment on my blog. Are you saying that everything, even teachers are "Gay" worldwide! Around here they've even shortened it to DBG (don't be gay). It has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality. I wonder if homosexuals say DBS (don't be straight?) Then there's the famous quote from Seinfeld (a popular tv show here). After someone says something is gay...it's always followed with "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
Anyway, if WE survive their teen years, I think we deserve a metal!!

My ADHD Me said...

P.S. Don't know if you noticed it on my comment section, but the first comment was left by me with a special note to you!

HisPrincess said...

Kelly, netball is more similar to basketball than anything else. We have no backboard but the ring is the same size and height. The ball we use looks and feels like a soccer ball...sorry if this is cofusing you even more!

Naomi, yes I did sleep well and woke up refreshed but have since had another day....so now it's off to bed again!

Mary, yes I did note your comment for me, thanks! I feel so special.
As far as I know my teens haven't shortened "Don't be gay" to DBG yet, maybe I'll suggest it. But that wouldn't be cool at all would it. Just like saying "cool" isn't cool...sigh.