Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Down Time

This may seem a little odd but I've quite enjoyed being a bit under the weather today.

Stephanie, Scott and I have this bug that's been doing the rounds of our community. It makes you a bit stiff and sore, sore throat and dizzy. But it's not too bad if you stay laying down.

So today that is what we have done. We have all been complete coach potatoes. Stephanie and I have watched almost the whole third season of One Tree Hill (she is looking for season 4 and 5 if anyone has copies we can borrow). Scott has watched a couple of movies (thank goodness we have more than one TV!) and I have finished the book I've been reading, 90 Minutes in Heaven.

Despite feeling off colour I have to say it's just what I needed. Some time to just rest.

Scott is now well enough to start to become bored, and therefore annoying his sister. Stephanie is feeling well enough to bite back when Scott needles her... so I'm thinking one day of peace and calm is all I'm going to get! Unless I pack them off to school tomorrow and stay home by myself...now that idea has merit!

But we won't do that. I'm feeling recuperated enough to face the world again so tomorrow is back to business as usual.

Lord, thank you for this time of rest and reflection. I have enjoyed spending a quiet day at home with the kids and enjoyed their company despite feeling unwell. I pray that we are all recovered enough to get back into it tomorrow.

6 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's probably a no to gym tomorrow then.

Sorry to hear you're not well but glad you've had a nice day.

My ADHD Me said...

I know exactly how you feel. I like those days when you don't feel well enough to get up and do anything but you do feel well enough to lay in bed, watch tv, read, and doze on and off all day. (occasionally)

Also, the kids are so sweet and cuddly when they don't feel well, but you're right, you know as soon as they start feeling better as they start bickering or complaining that they are bored.

Feel better!!

Kelly said...

I just read 90 minutes in heaven too, and have given it to Mary (myADHDme) to read. wasn't it great?

I hope you'll feel better soon. I love those days when you can just crash on the sofa and watch TV. We did that on Saturday with all the rain we had. Pulled out the sofa bed and stayed in PJs all day.

Blessings.

Joanie said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so well ~ but thankful you've seen the blessing in the midst of it! A day to rest and allow God to minister to you and your body. In this face-paced world, REST is a special gift. (I think a friend told me something similar recently.) ;)

Praying for complete and quick recovery, so you're able to 'get back at it'!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting to the Grand Finals! Woohoo! Glad you're on the mend now, and your kidlets too. We've all got it here, but I'm off to work shortly, leaving sick children with Daddy - a hard thing for me to do, just cos I hate leaving them... Hope you get through the day ok. Blessings.

Edie said...

I love days like that too, but only when I really don't feel well. Funny how God will take us there when we really need the rest. Glad you enjoyed the rest day. :)