Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Highs and Lows

It's been a weird couple of days.

Firstly Steph had a panic attack about going off to another town to do work experience. I hardly slept on Sunday night worrying about her and trying to come up with ways to make it easier for her. In the end I decided that I can't keep rescuing her (no matter how much I want to) and assured her she could do it, she would be fine. Well, she was fine. Her work experience week has so far exceded any expectations or hopes I may have had. She is callling me at night full of news and things she has learned, and there is joy in her voice. Such an amazing answer to prayer.

That has been my highlight of the week.

Now for the downside. I am really struggling at work. I'm forgetting things that I don't normally forget, making mistakes that I don't normally make. My brain just seems to be foggy. Thats the best way I can explain it. There is also the pressure of having 5 bosses, who are all related to each other (family business) and who all think that the demand they have made on me is the only thing I have to do at that time. I have one boss telling me to not pass on information to another (because he tends to over react and gets things out of proportion), one boss only giving me half an explanation and then getting angry when I misunderstand him, and one who is just so stressed it's really hard being in the same building as him. They all expect me to be able to cope with anything they throw at me, and cope immediately. And I can understand this, because in the past I have coped. But at the moment it's all just beyond me, and I have no clue why.

I'm worried about the farm, but that's nothing new, I'm worried about Steph, which is also normal, I'm worried about finances, probably a bit more than normal but still, nothing I haven't been able to handle in the past. I'm just feeling a bit like the wheels are about to fall off.

Lord, please help me at work. I'm feeling under more pressure than usual and not feeling able to cope with it. Please give me the tools to be able to meet the expectations of my bosses, or if this is no longer the place for me show me a new direction.

I leave my finances at your feet Lord, I'm feeling out of control in that area and that really scares me. Thank you Lord for the milder weather we have enjoyed this week. I pray for that final soaking rain to see our crops through til harvest.

Thank you Lord for answering my prayers regarding Stephanie. She is really enjoying her time with the Naturopath and finding some independence she didn't think she was capable of. It's such a blessing to me to hear such joy and excitement in her voice, thank you.

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel for you today Sharon and am praying the wheels won't fall off!

Cast all your cares upon Him for He careth for you! Yes you!

He will protect you and keep you tucked in His mighty hands.

He will shield you from the enemy and give you strength and wisdom to stand firm and not sway in the breezes!

Isnt He a great God ?

Lynette
from Adelaide

Edie said...

Hi Sharon - You know I just have to tell you that earlier today I thought about you *out of the blue* and started praying for you. It seems that God is already working on your behalf sister. Will be praying for you.

Kelly said...

We all get foggy at times, maybe you have a cold coming on, or are just out of sorts with Steph gone.

You are leaning on God and that is the first step to clarity.

Kelly said...

Regarding your comment on my blog: I only ate 1/3 of my mug cake and also felt quite sick! I told ADHD Me that it was delicious when I ate it, then I felt sickish all night! And now I don't have the desire to eat anything chocolate! So I'd say it was a bit too rich. Also, you won't sleep well - I guess the caffine in it. But wasn't it yummy when you were eating it! LOL!!!

My ADHD Me said...

Good for you for sending your daughter away on a good note. Isn't it funny how well they do (and act) when they are away from home.
I think I'm getting a cold...hope I didn't give it to you. That could be what is making your mind feel fuzzy. With me it's harder to tell..is it the cold...or is it just me?

HisPrincess said...

Lynette, thank you for praying for my wheels to stay in tact!

Edie, I guess things never come to us "out of the blue", they are always placed on our hearts and minds by the Lord, thank you for being obedient!

Kelly: Luckily for me caffeine has very little effect on my sleeping habits! I had my cake in a cup 5 hours ago and I'm still not hungry!

ADHD: I'm pretty sure you can't get a cold from a blog! I don't think I'm coming down with anything. Just not "on channel".

sailorcross said...

You're headed in the right direction. In your prayer you gave God your anxieties and worries. If any of this starts crowding your mind again, just give it up to Him again.

I know someone who has a saying, "Palms Up". It's easy to remember and comes quickly to my mind when I get overanxious about something. Just think, "palms up"--meaning you're surrendering this to the Lord--no matter how many times you have to.

Beth

Lelia Chealey said...

Oh Sharon.
Know that God is watching you closely. Cry out to Him and let your prayers fall on His Holy ears. I will be praying for you my dear friend.
Lots of Hugs,
Lelia