Friday, September 5, 2008

Dental dramas part 2

Yesterday I visited my friendly dentist again.

I have another tooth which I have broken, but it wasn't hurting at all like the other one so I wasn't expecting any drama's.

Silly me.

This tooth is saveable (is that a word?) but it requires a root canal. My dentist said that it was my choice, either remove the tooth or try to save it. I'm starting to feel that I am at risk of being a toothless old hag by the time I'm forty (as opposed to just a standard old hag which I have accepted as my destiny!) so I decided to opt for the root canal. Gary (my dentist) went on to tell me exactly what is involved....the actual root canal $800, filling and rebuilding tooth after root canal $300 and he strongly recommends a crown after all that to protect his handywork $500. Add that to the $300 I've already spent on the other tooth for a temporary fix while I wait to see the oral surgeon, and I shudder to think how much he is going to cost. Stephanie is horrified. She is madly saving to buy a car and is telling anyone who will listen that Mum has her car in her mouth. Now come on. I knew my mouth was big.....

So I will leave you all on the edge of your seats while you await the next installment in this little drama in my mouth....I just know you can't wait!

Ok. I have to go because my little princess has just asked me to tuck her in. When your 15 year old daughter asks for a cuddle you don't miss the opportunity!

7 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

First off - NO 40 & old hags jokes, says the 40 year old! Too close for comfort! LOL!

And a car in your mouth - too funny. Your daughter is as funny as her mom.

I hope your dental dramas will only get better. Time to look into that mouth guard!

My ADHD Me said...

Well shoot(bang).

CK said pretty much what I was going to say.

A. Forty---er (haha)

B. Love that "car in your mouth"

C. Root Canals, crowns, etc...we are SO much alike...been there, done that...and no dental insurance. (bright note: sometimes oral surgeons will be paid by medical insurance)

4. When you do reach that awful age of 40,lots of things will start to go (deteriorate, drop, crease, sag, etc). It's quite a metamorphesis. You just wait (haha)

5. Yes, I know I started out itemizing with letters and switched to numbers, it was supposed to be funny....some people!

Feel Good!

Jenny said...

I with you on running to snuggle if they will let you. Meghan actually called me yesterday to talk a few mins and I stopped everything to focus! Normally all I get is a text message.

Dental drama is the pits!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Hey there! My first time to visit! I dropped by from Leah's blog The Point. I, too, know about "dental drama"! Not one of my favorite things either! Hope your works goes smoothly.

I live in the USA and have a daughter-in-law from Australia so have been very interested while reading your blog. I have heard her talk about "netball" but it was great to see the pictures!

Would love to have you visit my blog sometime also!

God bless you!

Joanie said...

I don't like "dental/medical" dramas, but at least I can relate with what you're going through! Continuing to pray, my friend.

My weather forecast shows cloudy skies and the possibility of rain over the next few days for you... Are you expecting rain? I'm praying for the "good soaking rain" needed to bring in an abundant harvest! (crops and men) :)

Have a great weekend and hope you all get wet!

Edie said...

I'm with CK and ADHD Jo, I'm "over" 40 and I'm trying real hard not to be old (nevermind the hag part) :)

Well I owe you an apology. I just spent the last 15 minutes searching my blogger list on my blog and in my bookmarks, trying to find the link to your blog. To my "shock" I discovered that it wasn't there. I know I have added it twice. I keep not clicking the Save button after the Add button.

Someone needs to teach me how to link....

HisPrincess said...

Kelly: I'm uncomfortable close to 40 myself! Next year in fact!

Mary: I've noticed the sagging, deteriorating etc...sigh. I've been pretty hard on my body and am now paying the price. Three knee operations (same knee), concusion, broken wrist, broken ankle, various broken and sprained fingers....and all of this from netball! A non contact sport! Needless I've always been a wee bit competitive and willing to put my body on the line to get to that ball first!

Jenny: Yes it's wonderful when your teens actually want to spend time with you. Makes you forgive all that angst in a heartbeat.

Hi Marylin and welcome! I would love to come visit!

Joanie: thanks so much for the continued prayer. Its working! We have had some nice rain over night...wouldn't mind a bit more...we are a difficult lot to please we farmers!

Hi Edie: Thanks for making the effort to come visit, even though it's been difficult to find me without a link!