Friday, September 12, 2008

Appreciation

This week Kym has been away working.

The toilet got blocked, the sprinkler system split, the kids needed to be picked up, the rubbish didn't get taken out, both the kids and I got sick, the chooks didn't get fed...

It made me appreciate what it would be like to be a single parent. I'm sure I could get used to it if I had to but I certainly don't want to!

So, thank you Lord for my wonderful husband. Help me to honour and appreciate him for all he does for me and the children. Help me to remember to thank him and bless him.

6 valued opinions!:

Kelly said...

My husband went away recently for 4 days. Nothing makes me realize how much he does around the house or how much I miss him, than having him gone. It is true, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Smile!

Joanie said...

Why is it that when your husband is away SO many things seem to go wrong?! Ugh.

I always appreciate Blaine more when he's away on a trip too... It really takes two to make a household run well. I don't know how single parents do it.

The union workers at Boeing (his employer) are on strike right now. He's not union, but their organization has been asked to lend a hand at a nearby warehouse. Beginning today, he will be working 12 hour days - 4 hours at his regular job and a full shift in the warehouse; constructing wooden crates, packing boxes with airplane parts to be shipped, etc. A really different job from regularly working on the 'brain stuff'...

So, while the extra money will be nice for a bit ~ I'm really hoping this doesn't last for a length of time. Even though Blaine will be coming home each night (at 11pm), he won't have much energy to help around the house...

I'll have to remember to tell him how much I appreciate him, but also remember to tell him when things are "back to normal".

I'm assuming Kym is back home now... How are the crops? Harvest starting anytime soon? Did you get the good, soaking rain?

Anonymous said...

It is so easy to take them for granted, isn't it? I know I can manage well on my own - with my husband suffering PTSD, I have had two stints of a year long break in the time we've been married, first with one child, then with two. The hardest thing for me, was seeing the difficulties my eldest child went through. I never again want that for the children, or for me. He is too valuable around here, simply as "Dad".

sailorcross said...

I am in that singleness myself. My son helps me a lot, but I know there are times when I wish I had someone to help with these things.

My prayer journal is up and running--I was going to invite you but I don't have your e-mail address!!

You can send it to my via the site "The Power of Your Love".

Beth

HisPrincess said...

Kym is home now and everything is working again!

I have to admit that I did enjoy reading in bed though...something Kym has never liked me doing!

sailorcross said...

I just woke up. It's 4:34 a.m. here, and I see it's after 6 p.m. there!

Could you send me your email address so I can add you to "The Power of Your Love" as author? I'll have to send you an invite through Blogger.

My email address is in my profile.