Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gratitude

I went over to my friend Joanie's blog today to leave her a little message of thanks for a lovely parcel I received in the mail from her today.

I got quite a surprise.

I'm sure I've visited Joanie's blog since she has posted her prayer request for us but never really stopped and read and noticed til today.

I'm a bit speechless (which isn't like me at all) and overwhelmed. It blows my mind to know that someone on the other side of the world cares enough to pray for me in this way. Joanie has never met me, or my family, and yet she prays faithfully and unceasingly.

Of course it's no surprise that the Lord would use the internet, and blogging to bring his children closer to him and to each other. Since I began blogging I've been constantly delighted and surprised at the wonderful, kind, and supportive women I have met.

So, thank you each and every one of you for your encouragement, support, prayers and wisdom. I have grown so much in my faith since joining the blogworld and it's because I've met wonderful people like you.

13 valued opinions!:

sailorcross said...

I know what you mean. I am truly amazed at what I find in others' blogposts sometimes that just speak to me. And then I think to myself, "Well, why shouldn't God use the internet to bring us closer together in Him?"

Beth

Kelly said...

Hooray! I've found this bloggy world to be quite inspiring, encouraging and down right fabulous. What a blessing!

Joanie said...

You are a precious, treasured gift from the Lord! He knew exactly what my heart needed when He brought us together. I feel as though I've known you for years... What you share encourages me, blesses me, helps me to grow in my own faith and brings laughter to my life. I also appreciate your honesty and your willingness to scold me when I need it! :)

Thank you, dear friend. I, too, appreciate how God uses our "little blogs" to connect us to one another.

With overflowing tears of joy in my eyes (as I read your words), I cannot tell you how timely your words are or how deeply you've blessed my heart. Truly a gift and blessing me beyond measure! Thank you.

While I see "no rain clouds on the horizon", I continue to pray by faith. Praying also for protection of the crops and, most of all, for His peace and strength to see you all through this challenging (which is an understatement I know) time.

My ADHD Me said...

Before I had ever blogged, I had no idea that I would meet and actually care about and become friends with people I had never seen.
It has been a wonderful experience and I have learned SO much....From what netball is to more about Christ.

HisPrincess said...

Beth: I don't know why I'm surprised that God would use the internet. Why wouldn't he?

Kelly: This blogging is really a blessing isn't it. I feel like I know you all so well.

Joanie: Thankyou again, and again, and again. Your continued prayer and blessings are what keep me going some days.

ADHD: I have loved every minute of reading your blogs. You make me laugh at myself because I see so much of myself in you.

Anonymous said...

God can use anything that He chooses! Especially when His daughters need to: connect, be challenged, encourage one another, pray for others, laugh together and cry together and plainly just walk life together....the easy and the tough parts.

Isnt God good?
It shows that we are His family no matter where we are in His creation....

I too am so blessed to "know" you. Maybe we should organise a bloggers and readers reunion... wouldnt that be mad? Scary? fun? wow.... we will oneday have that time in heaven hey?

Till then, please keep on encouraging me all you lovely ladies! I love the blogs too!

Lynette from Adelaide

My ADHD Me said...

Hi. I just read your comment on Chatty Kelly's blog. Your grandparents sound like mine did (we really do have alot in common).
Mine would bicker, not fight, just bicker) all the time but the love they shared was incredibly apparent to everyone they knew. My happiest times of my childhood were when I would go and spend the summers with them.
Plus, they were country people. It was so fun to eat meals that were prepared from what we picked from the garden and caught in the river.
They worked hard every day, had a wonderful life and both lived into their 90's.....They were proof that idleness makes you old and hard work is gratifying and good for the soul.....oh, and they did like that "little" drink after dinner too! haha.

Anonymous said...

Doesnt God want us sister to support and help one another? Sometimes this can be easier across the miles on the net because its easier to be our real selves and share with"stanger" friends!
One day we will all meet in glory and wont we have fun catching up then?
Just imagine!

Lynette from adelaide

HisPrincess said...

I wonder if we will all recognise each other in heaven? :)

sailorcross said...

Yes, I can say with certainty that we will know each other in Heaven!

I more than likely won't ever meet you in "this" life, but someday--we will meet in Heaven!

Did it rain yet? Still praying here for rain! Don't want TOO much rain!!

I stopped by Joanie's blog and read her prayers for you--how awesome is this!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi! The blog world has been wonderful for me too. I love that I'm getting to know you, and many other women, from here and abroad, despite the fact that travel is limited for me at this stage in my life... It is really neat, isn't it, with the added bonus of God's hand in it all, bringing support and love and friendship. Big hugs to you at his time, and praying that the fog lifts and you'll feel more like yourself very soon... I don't suppose you have access to a Chinese Herbalist or an Asian shop, do you??? It's just that I have, for the last 16 years, lived with a little bottle of 'White Flower Oil' by my side. It is great for breathing in and clearing the head, for calming, headaches disappear SO quickly and it's eased migraines. If we have an insect sting I apply it, sore muscles, any kind of ache... If you can't come by it, would you let me send you some? Just let me know if you would like to try it. Blessings...

HisPrincess said...

Beth, I certainly hope we all recognise each other in heaven. What a great reunion that will be!

Lynette, I think it's high time you got yourself a blog so we can come visit you!

Naomi, no I don't have access to a chinese herbalist. Some weeks we don't even have a GP! I'd love to try the White Flower Oil if you'd be kind enough to share. My email address is kymsharon@activ8.net.au send me an email and I'll give you my address.

Edie said...

I don't know how I miss this. Apparently I've fallen behind again. I am very thankful for the people I have met here in the blogosphere. It always amazes me how God works. How many times I've been to blogs and read exactly what I needed to hear and even had a few people say the same to me after visiting. Wow that God would use me like that is also a blessing.