Sunday, September 7, 2008

Get over it Sharon

That is my advice to myself this evening.

Get over it.

Has anyone noticed a bit of a "poor me" attitude in my posts of late?

I've spent some time this evening browsing around blogworld and all the wonderful posts I have read have been full of joy, praise, encouragement and reflection.

And over here at "I know He watches over me" you get control freak Sharon complaining about the things that she can't control, and procrastinating over the things that she can.

So...to save you all the bother I have given myself a slap.

Snap out of it woman, be thankful for what you have, be grateful for the amazing blessings, stop sulking and move on.

There is something quite invigorating about giving yourself a good telling off.

So... I'm glad I got that off my chest. Please pray for me for the coming week where I will be deciding what to do with my girls, and living the life of a single parent while Kym is away working.

......hand over the valium and no one will get hurt!

Thank you Lord for the rain that we have had over the weekend. It brings such joy to my heart to drive to work each morning and see the bountiful crops surrounding me. Thank you for my wonderful husband, I pray that he will have safe travel and the week that he spends away from us working will go quickly and painlessly (and if there is pain I promise I won't complain about it). Thank you in advance for forgiving me for making promises I probably can't keep! Thank you that my netball team has made the grand final, I am so proud of them, please help me to convey that to them. Thank you that I have had an uneventful weekend with my teen daughter with no issues about going out, curfews, boys and that she is home safe and relatively happy. Thank you for the joy that Scott brings into our lives, thank you for his giving and loving nature, please help me to not overlook him because he causes less drama. Thank you for the wonderful blogging friends you have introduced me to. They encourage, bless, and put up with my complaining so thank you for them. Forgive me for my unthankful nature at times. Forgive me for wanting things I can't have. Help me to accept things the way they are and be grateful. Help me to be happy for my netball team without being envious of them.

7 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I have been doing some SERIOUS procrastinating and need to get my cat together!

Kelly said...

Attitude is everything, they say. Or as Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

If mama ain't happy, ain't no body happy. So hopefully you'll be focusing on the praiseworthy soon!

HisPrincess said...

Wendy: do you mean your act together? Or has your cat fallen apart? LOL!

Kelly: I'm working on it!

Edie said...

You are a dear bloggy friend. Transparency is difficult, but an admirable quality. I had not seen your blogs from the perspective you did but we can always benefit from positive adjustments, can't we. :)

As CK said, focus on Philippians 4:8.

My ADHD Me said...

Hurray for your attitude. Worrying and stressing over things just gives you a headache and causes you to grind your teeth.
No matter how bad things get be grateful for the good stuff....like a roof over your head....and a tree on it....oh yeah, that would be me..ha

HisPrincess said...

I don't have any trees on my roof! Yay! I would be devastated if a tree fell on my roof. My internet is connected via satellite and it would be the END OF THE WORLD if I lost my dish!Shudder. Doesn't bear thinking about!

Edie, thanks for the encouragement. It does me good to give myself a good slap every now and then.

Joanie said...

Dearest Sharon ~

We all go through times of being caught in a 'season' where everything around us seems to hold disappointment, challenges, frustrations and JOY and PRAISE seems to be just out of reach (and something that everyone else is doing). Believe me, I know ~ as I've been there with you most of the time over these past months.

And yet, in the midst of it all, try to find the littlest things in each day that are a blessing or joy to your heart ~ a really good cuppa, Stephanie smiling or giving you a hug, Scott being himself, someone at work saying something nice to you, the gorgeous crops you see as you drive to work each day, the fresh fruits and vegetables you grow at home, the extended community family, sport, the seashore, a special friend. Write them down in a little notebook, so you can look back over each day at the end of the week and see how truly blessed you are and how much God loves you! *Remember, you're only writing down the blessings ~ no fussing allowed... :)

"Blessed is the man (woman) who remains steadfast under trial (or a season full of it), for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands" Psalm 19 *Stand in awe of His creation all around you and the amazing blessing of this year's rain!

I really enourage you to start reading www.oneyearbibleblog.com which has been a tremendous blessing to my own life.

And as a worship leader, be as Paul when in prison ~ no matter the circumstances before you or how you feel ~ sing praise songs to glorify, honor and praise our King of Kings and Lord of Lords; because of all He's done for your life and because one day we'll be together for all eternity with no more pain, suffering, etc ~ just surrounded by His love, peace and joy...

May He encourage you and bless you this week, my dear friend.