Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frazzled

Today I'm feeling a bit out of sorts. I'm not particularly stressed, or even grumpy (for a change!), just a bit edgy.

I was out until 8pm last night with Steph decorating our clubrooms, which was fun (no balloons popped) and we were really pleased with the result. I got home to a mountain of washing (clean) on the lounge, a sink full of dishes, and just a generally untidy house. We have been a busy family in the past few weeks which has meant no weekends at home, and when you work full time that means stuff just doesn't get done.

This morning I got up earlier than usual because I wanted to call into our club to put the placemats I'd made for the girls in their place setting. I've blown up a photo of us all and laminated them and I forgot to take them with me last night. I probably could have left it til tonight but I wanted it all set up and ready just in case some of the team arrive before me.

I have a couple of big jobs to get done at work today, and today is the deadline. I really must learn to not leave things to the last minute.

I have to make a speech tonight. Which doesn't bother me, I've never been worried about public speaking, loved debating in high school. On the drive into work I was thinking about what I would say, who I would thank and I thought about my good friend Melissa. I have really leaned on her this year and she has always been there for me. For some reason that thought had me in tears.

then I thought about what I would say to my girls, how I would tell them that I am really proud of them. They accomplished something incredible this year, playing each week in different varying combinations and positions should have been really unsettling, but they managed it. That made me cry too.

Then I got to work and got one of those nice, inspirational emails from another friend. Tears again.

Maybe its getting close to that time of month. Or maybe I'm just tired. But it doesn't seem to be taking much to make me cry today.

On a different subject...can you all please pray for rain for us? We have had a week of warm dry wind now and our crops are starting to suffer. One more good soaking rain will assure us of a good harvest. It's heartbreaking to be so close only to have the weather turn on you again. We simply can not afford another failed crop. Ok...now I'm crying again.

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}} One more day and it'll all be over. Wondering if I should bother wearing mascara tonight....

P.S. What are you wearing (clothes-wise I mean)????

HisPrincess said...

Hmmm, do you have waterproof mascara? I'm hoping I will hold it together. I was very proud of myself at the wind up, didn't cry much.

As for what I'm wearing, dress pants and a nice shirt. The young girls are getting dressed up and I would too if I had anything that fitted! sigh.

Joanie said...

Have a wonderful time celebrating together! You've all given so much this season and ended on a victorious note.

I'M PRAYING and will continue to pray. I've been watching the weather forecast and noticed it hasn't had many raindrops lately. Guess I'll need to step it up a notch or two! Keep me posted.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Joanie, although don't feel that I'm holding you responsible for the weather!

Joanie said...

Oh goodness ~ you know I don't. I've just added a "PRAY FOR RAIN" highlight on my blog and sent out an urgent prayer request to special friends and family! I'm not giving up on Kym or the crops now. I'm believing God to see this through and for an abundant harvest of not only the crops, but also men, women and children!

He is so able!

sailorcross said...

It's okay to cry. It sounds like you've given a lot to coaching this team this season, came to a triumphant conclusion. Sometimes when the end comes, the stress is almost gone, that's when our emotions come to the surface (after we've held them in for soooooo long!)

And no popping ballons--YEAH for you!! Are you going to post pics of those balloon trees? I'd love to see what they look like!

Have a wonderful celebration time! Oh, I wish I could send you some of the rain we've had here lately. I've said a prayer for rain for you!!

Beth

Kelly said...

Hang in there! Tears are a wondeful cleansing thing, so let them fall. And yes, waterproof mascara is important.

Praying rain comes your way.

Edie said...

Praying with you for the rain too. Sorry, I'm behind on my blogging. Have a good weekend!