Saturday, September 20, 2008

Time to Re Focus

The past few weeks have been hectic, stressful, joyus and emotional for me.

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by all my responsibilities as a coach, wife, parent and employee.

It's time for me to stop worrying about all that is happening around me and to me, and look up.

I haven't been to church in three weeks and it shows. I really need church to help me focus each week, without it I tend to drift off, and that is when circumstances get on top of me and overwhelm me.

So, starting right now it's time to start living in the word again, because that is the only place I find peace.

Dear Lord,

Please help me to focus my energy on you and give you the time that you deserve. Help me to put you first in my life where you belong.

I lift Stephanie up to you Lord. She is still battling with low self esteem. Please show her that you love her and that you have a plan for her life. Please help me to parent her and guide her in a way that she will appreciate and understand. Watch over her as she heads into a week of work experience, she is worried about coping on her own. I pray that she has a positive experience with her work experience and discovers some direction for her life. I pray that she can have a more positive outlook on life in general Lord, and that she can learn and grow stonger from this experience.

I also pray for Kym. Pray that he will open his heart and let you in again, like he did when he was a child. Thank you for providing me with a wonderful caring husband and father to our children, I pray that he will one day know the peace of knowing you. He is worried about our crops Lord, I pray that you can ease his mind and help him accept that you will always provide for us.

I pray for Scott as he enters the teenage years. I pray that he will enjoy his time in high school and find some friends when he gets there. I pray for my relationship with him as it changes, that we won't lose the close bond we have always shared and that we can raise him to be a caring young man.

Lastly I pray for me. Please change my attitude Lord, help me to be more humble and accepting, help me to learn to ask for help and not try to do everything myself. Help me to be the best wife and mother I can be. I pray that I can make wise decisions with regard to my children and carry them through. I pray that I can give loving discipline where it is necessary and guide my children as they become young adults. I pray that I learn to cope better with the pressures at work and not let things get to me so much. Please help me to give Kym the time he deserves, and help me to honour him.

Thank you Lord that you watch over my family. Thank you for keeping them safe and healthy and providing for us all.

7 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow... Praise Him all creatures here below...

Praising God that He has gently (or not so gently) nudged you back to focus on Him. Isn't He wonderful ~ so patient and loving?!

My heart is always filled to overflowing when you share from your heart ~ it must be some kind of "kindred" connection. I'm praying for you my dear friend and believing, as Elijah did, that He will provide the needed rain! And even more, that Kym will allow the Living Water of Jesus to fill him and quench his thirst... Blessings upon each of you. Keeping you all close in prayer!

Edie said...

I love your humble heart Sharon. I'm praying with you. God bless.

sailorcross said...

Oh, Sharon!! This is just beautiful! I'm so glad you have "re-turned" to God. And your prayer for your family and yourself--asking humbly for what is concerning you--just how God wants us to come to him.

Did you receive my e-mail in the midst of all that has been going on for you? I would love to have you join us--for postings just like this.

Beth

HisPrincess said...

Joanie: thank you my friend. It's nice to know that you are there, praying and caring.

Edie: My heart is only humble when I remember! It certainly doesn't come naturally!

Beth: No I haven't received an email from you! Would you mind trying again?

sailorcross said...

I just resent it--right this very minute!! Hopefully you receive it this time!! If not, check you junk or spam mail!!

Where do e-mails that don't arrive go, I wonder?

sailorcross said...

Okay--now I'm really confused. I resent your e-mail, and this one was returned.

Do me a favor--send me an e-mail to bharte1113@comcast.net with your correct e-mail address. Then, we'll start all over again. I must have copied something incorrectly.

I'm so sorry!

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

Isn't it just like God to prod you to realize that being out of fellowship with other Christians causes us to just be out of sorts all around? He is like that. He is all about relationship and He wants a relationship with us so much.

Leah