Sunday, September 28, 2008

In Answer to my own Question

Here is a photo of Scott sitting out on our deck this afternoon in my favourite chair. This chair is suspended from the roof and it's soooo comfy! I just love it.


This afternoon I was sitting in my favourtie chair, reading "Encouragement for Life" by Charles R. Swindoll. I received this book in the mail this week from Joanie who knew exactly what I needed to be reading at the moment.

Isn't it amazing that yesterday I was asking WHY, and wondering how I was supposed to cope and continue to remain strong in my faith in the face of what I perceived to be unjust circumstances. Basically hosting my own little pity party.

And then today I pick up this book. I've not finished it yet, but I just read this page that answered all my questions, and I had to come share.

We must each admit: "I don't understand why - and I may never on this earth learn why" We must then try out best by the power of God, not to let that affect our faith. In fact, we should ask God to use that lack of knowledge to deepen our faith.

We must each admit: "I cannot bring about a change." We may have tried. We may have done everything we know how to do - but we can't change this situation. It is time to admit "I have no power to change it ... Lord, God, You know what is best for Your child. I wait. This is what You have given me under the sun. I will walk in it." And that explains how the Christian can have joy in the midst of wild and crazy, mysterious and strained circumstances.

I love that "This is what You have given me under the sun. I will walk in it." I feel like it was written just for me to read at just this moment. In other words Sharon "quit your complaining, accept that the Lord has your best interests at heart and rejoice in that knowledge"

So. Now I'm heading back out to my deck, with my book, and my cuppa to sit in my favourite chair in the sun on this beautifuly sunny spring day.

I am so blessed.

10 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Tears of sweet joy are overflowing from my eyes and my heart is nearly bursting because of who our God is, dear friend!

Isn't it amazing that I could have sent the book He wanted you to have any day in the past month, but He needed you to have it now; today.

I am blessed beyond measure, because He has revealed a fresh perspective and understanding to strengthen your faith and give you renewed hope! And soon, I shall go to bed wrapped in a blanket of JOY... I shall dream of the two of us sitting on your deck (will you let me sit in your favourite chair, please), surrounded by all that beautiful lavendar, chatting the hours away while sharing a cuppa (though I'll have tea or hot chocolate).

Yes, you are so blessed!

HisPrincess said...

I have two chairs Joanie!

And lots of herbal tea, you are welcome on my deck anytime.

sailorcross said...

That paragraph alone is powerful! We should always look at our lives this way, but it's so easy to fall into the "not remembering that God is in control" mode and that He always works circumstances for His good.

I know--I've been there, too, questioning Why, why God, why me, why now. Sometimes, I've found the answer years later, and sometimes I probably will never know the answer--at least not in this life.

Would you mind copying this and posting it on The Power of Your Love? This is a powerful statement of faith. I was going to do my Internet Cafe Chat there today, but I think this says so much more than I was going to write.

Beth

Edie said...

I'm so glad to hear you enjoying God. Nothing is better. I don't know why it always amazes me when the perfect thing is placed before us at the perfect time. His way is PERFECT. He is always so faithful.

Thank you for posting this, I needed to hear it too.

It's Spring over there? My favorite season. I'm off to check flights to Australia!

HisPrincess said...

Yes it's spring here, and like I said to Joanie - plenty of room on my deck for everyone and cuppas all round!

Joanie said...

I'd love to come spend time with you on the deck! Now, if I can only figure out how to get there in a reasonable amount of time without taking an airplane - ugh...

Leah Adams said...

I just love how the Lord meets us exactly where we are!! He knew you needed encouragement and presto!! he provided it. He is so tender and so gentle and so loving toward us. It just makes me love Him more and more.

Have a great week.

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Joanie - do you get seasick? LOL!

Joanie said...

I have no idea... ;)

However, I think a boat would take a very long time to get from here to there! :(

Reminding myself that God is able!

Anonymous said...

That sure does look like a beautiful spot to sit and ponder and sip something warm and slightly sweet. The lavendar looks like it grows well there - the aroma as you sat in the sun would be heavenly. It would only take me a days worth of car travelling to experience it for myself... Oh, I shall dream on...