Monday, September 15, 2008

Table Sliding is not for broken 38 year olds!

On Saturday night while celebrating the win of that game that shall not be mentioned some members of our club thought it might be fun to go table sliding.

What is table sliding I hear you ask? Well, you line up about 6 tables in a long row (about 10 metres long) and you pour detergent and water all over the table tops. Then some really silly people take a big run up and jump on the tables belly first and slide all the way to the end.

It looked like a lot of fun.

And it was a lot of fun until I hit the end and fell off! Of course this didn't deter the premiership coach so up I hopped and had another go. My second time I didn't fall off the end but I miss timed my approach and smacked my (already damaged) knee. Not one to give up I thought I'd give it one more go...and my last one was perfect!

On Sunday morning I woke up with very sore ribs (they aren't used to being jumped on like that!), one very sore and bruised knee (oops) and I needed help to get out of bed because I seemed to have done something odd to my back.

Today I went to see my ever patient and tolerant physio (who also happens to be a very dear friend) and she informed me that "table sliding is not for broken 38 year olds!" and also said I have sprained the "something or other" ligament at the base of my spine. She did tell me which ligament it is but it has a name like wheelbarrow and she was so busy laughing at me she wasn't speaking very clearly!

But I have to say. For all my sore bits and bruises table sliding is a lot of fun!

15 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

You DO crack me up!!! I think I'm glad I had gone home by the time the table sliding began. Although it would have been an interesting site to see!!!

sailorcross said...

Table sliding?? I'm learning all kinds of new things from you--netball, table sliding!

It does sound like a lot of fun though.

I hope you're feeling better today!

Beth

Anonymous said...

WoW that wouldve been fun to see! Am glad you enjoyed yourself and also gave your physio something to smile about today!

Sounds like you are still partying but may need to slow down a bit and not be so radi-cool!

Lynette

My ADHD Me said...

You're such a funny gal. That sounds like something I would have done and yes, had I messed up, I would have jumped up, ignored the pain and gone again. Pride cometh before fall...or is it Fall cometh and took pride.

HisPrincess said...

Lightening: We still have a victory dinner to get through yet...can't guarantee the tables won't come out again!

Beth: I'm feeling much better thankyou.

Lynette: It was probably funnier to watch than to take part in!

Mary: I think Fall cometh and took pride!

My physio did wonders for my back and it was feeling ok by tonight so of course I did what every sensible person would and played squash! Just starting to stiffen up now....stand by for all the complaining tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I got an education in my visit with you. Net ball and table sliding and sheep. (I actually have seen them being shorn at our local "Museum of Natural Science". Odd name for a great place.) I popped over from Wonder Woman's blog. I also like your header about a closed mouth and open ears. Haven't heard it put quite that way before but I've been working on the "shut" mechanism for at least 30 years. Mine seems to get stuck open alot.

My ADHD Me said...

I left you a comment...or 2...on your previous post. I meant to leave it on this one but....I messed up.
Such is life!

Kelly said...

Table sliding! I cannot believe you did that! This just cracked me up! I loved it. You are quite a woman. (even a wonder woman?)

And someone visited you from my blog. How cool is that? See that linking stuff works. :-)

Joanie said...

Laughing until my sides ache!

How wonderful for you! I love that you embrace life and jump in with both feet (or in your case ~ the whole body)! ;)

It's exactly what I would do with likely the same consequences, but the memory of TOTAL JOY and SQUEALS of DELIGHT and a BELLY filled with LAUGHTER would far outweight the aches, pains and lack of sensibility!

You GO GIRL!

Edie said...

You nut. I'm so sorry you got hurt but I'm sure it was so worth the funny story. :) Hope you're feeling better soon. Now stay off the tables for a little while while you heal. ;)

HisPrincess said...

You know the first thing I thought of as I picked myself up from the floor was "great thing to post about" I think I have a problem!

Anonymous said...

What a scream you are! You need to re-enact that whole scene and put it on your blog, just so we can laugh harder than we already have... I was on the top of a grassy hill with 24 5 year olds ready to take them down to the oval to do their cross-country race. All I wanted to do was lie down and then roll down the hill, with the kids behind me - the urge was almost too hard to bare. But I had to keep my presence of mind and maintain my professional stance... Good on you for getting in there and having fun!!!

Jenny said...

Table sliding?? Sounds like painful fun! Maybe they can turn it into a Wii game, maybe then it wouldn't hurt just leave the fun.

Have a great day!

Jen

Kelly said...

I love the idea to re-enact it on video so we can all watch? LOL!

Go, go, go, go! (Peer pressure).

Look at your comment numbers going up!

HisPrincess said...

Kelly: I will see what I can do re the video. Although uploading video to blogger I'm guessing is waaay harder than linking so it may be a bit beyond this little black duck!