Friday, May 2, 2008

Bad Parent :(

Yep, that's me!

Yesterday, after two weeks of complaining I finally took Princess Pink to the doctor. She has been battling with a cold over the past two weeks. First it was her throat, then her head, then her sinuses, then she got better and then it started all over again.

So, I finally took her to the doctor. He said she has a "siginifican" (while looking at me with one eyebrow raised) sinus infection and it is going to take serious anti biotics to kill it. Oops. Perhaps I should have taken her last week, but she really didn't seem that bad.

My mum was a nurse, and when I was growing up if you were still breathing and had all your limbs attached, you were well enough to go to school. I guess I've carried on in her vein!

Pink is tucked up in bed today, watching daytime tv and eating chocolate. She's not keen on taking antibiotics, and neither am I but sometimes it is necessary. It doesn't help that the tablets are HUGE! She has to break them in half to swallow them. She is hoping that they will take effect really quickly so that she is well enough for netball tomorrow. As her coach, I'm hoping that too!

6 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

So sorry to hear Pink is not feeling well... Are you giving her an acidophilus to take while taking the antibiotic? This will help keep good bacterium in her system and not allow yeast to grow ~ due to the antibiotic. Also, there are some really good naturopathic/homeopathic meds for sinus infections - have you talked to a naturopath? (in addition to the antibiotic) Just a suggestion...

I do feel badly for her and can so relate. I had sinus infections chronically for years and they make one so miserable. I also feel for you (and know I've made similar decisions in the past). We always try natural remedies prior to going to the doctor, but thankfully no one has been quite ill lately. Thank you, Lord.

Lord Jesus, I ask in your precious and mighty name that you would heal Pink quickly, that the infection would be completely killed with the antibiotic treatment and she wouldn't have any side effects from the medication (yeast). I pray that you strengthen her body and she's back to feeling better soon. And help her 'coach' be mellow too...

Thanks for the e-mail reply Sharon. It's still been a tough week, but praying, praying, praying. Busy too and I shall be through the weekend. Hope to post early next week or maybe a quick remodel progress report this weekend. Thinking of you often ~ Joanie

HisPrincess said...

Hi Joanie!
Thanks for your post. Yes, we have her on acidophilus while she takes the antibiotics. She hasn't had antibiotics for nearly 10 years so that should work in her favour, ie the antibiotic should work effectivly and quickly. I'm not a big fan of antibiotics but we had tried homeopathic remedies with little success, sometimes you just have to have the drugs!

I've been worrying about you lately. Hope you are feeling well and not getting too worn out.

Anonymous said...

How about you? Are you feeling better today?

HisPrincess said...

Much better thank you. I feel almost back to my old self for the first time in weeks. Yay!

So, next week is the no more excuses, get your butt moving week!

Catch you on the weekend
Sharon.

Joanie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sharon... I am praying for complete healing for both you and Pink. I should have known you already had tried homeopathic meds and knew about acidophilus ~ it's not a common practice here!

No need to worry ~ I'm just "hiding in the shadow of His wings" as the storm rages on all around me. It's been a troublesome week still, but I'm praying and trusting God for victory in all things. I am emotionally tired, at the moment, and trying to reach out to Elizabeth without pushing (as well as our older son). There is much work to do on the basement and significant travel on the horizon for Blaine. Still no answers for myself, but trying to leave it all in God's hands. He is able...

I am so thankful for your friendship and the wonderful Truths and insights you share with me. They are a precious gift!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with everyone feeling much improved and the rain coming at just the needed times.

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou Joanie.
I'm about to get organised and head off to church. I will pray for you while I'm there.
Blessings
Sharon.