Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's REALLY Pink!

Princess Pink needs a new guitar. Her guitar teacher tells me that her old guitar (it belongs to her grandfather) just won't stay in tune, he's getting to the stage where he doesn't want to tighten the strings anymore for fear of the dreaded "ping!".


So, I was browsing Ebay the other day when I came across this.

Now Pink being such a Pink girl I couldn't resist. I consulted her teacher first to check it out and see if it is worth pursuing and he was quite positive. These guitars are made for girls, it's 7/8 size and the neck is narrower for smaller hands. So I bought it. And it will arrive tomorrow but now I'm having second thoughts. Is it a bit too pink do you think? Have I gone a bit overboard here? I don't know what I'm going to do if she doesn't like it! It's not like I can hand it on to her brother! So, now I'm plagued with self doubt and second thoughts! I will let you all know what the verdict is.

I guess if Pink decides its a bit too much I can always give it to Lightening! Do you play guitar Lightening? But I hope it won't come to that. I just love it and I hope she will too!

5 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

She will LOVE it!!! It's beautiful!!!! I could sit here and stare at that picture all day!!!!

Now I WISH I did play the guitar!!!! Just so that I could say "I want one". LOL.

HisPrincess said...

I hope you are right! She is sitting here at work with me at the moment so I've scrolled past the picture quickly while she wasn't looking.

I'm afraid that she might think it's a bit "little girly" and not cool enough for a teenager. I guess I will find out when she sees it! I'll keep you posted (excuse the pun!)

Jenny said...

I think she will love it too! You will win the coolest mom award!

jen

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Thank you for commenting at 2nd Cup today! That always makes my day. I LOVE the guitar. she is a very lucky lady!

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Jenny and Linda!

The guitar STILL hasn't arrived yet! So I'm still sweating over it!

Thanks for coming over to visit Linda, I loved your blog and look forward to getting to know you!

Blessings
Sharon.