Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bruised and Battered.

Miss Pink played rugby today. She competed in a team of other year 10 girls against teams from other high schools around Eyre Peninsula.

I picked her up after her guitar lesson and she couldn't wait to show me her wounds. Rugby is so rough! And when girls play they play just as rough as the boys!
Here are Pinks bruised and battered knees, you can already see the bruising coming out now, imagine how they will look tomorrow!

She had a great time though, and is already looking forward to next year's tournament. We don't usually play rugby here in country South Australia, this is just a fun tournament that is arranged by the schools once per year. I'd hate to see her injuries if they were taking it seriously! Her knee is quite swollen tonight and we have been icing it on and off during the evening. She is stressing now about being able to play netball on the weekend.

Luckily tomorrow she has work experience with a physio! She might be able to get a free consultation! I was planning to get to the school in my lunch hour and watch for a while, by the looks of this I'm glad I wasn't there to see it!

Robbie of course says it's "nothing", and I guess compared to his run in's with motorbikes and football players it probably isn't too serious. I'm just not accustomed to my little girl coming home all bruised and battered!

Hmmmm. Just a thought, what kind of mother drags their daughter out of bed, makes them hitch up their pyjama pants and then takes a photo of their bumps and bruises for her blog? She was happy enough to comply but the look she gave me said "Mum, I think you've lost the plot!"

7 valued opinions!:

Lynda Meyers said...

I was a girl who played soccer (football) for over ten years and played just as rough as the boys. I've had casts and ice packs and ace bandages and ER visits more than you can imagine.

Exploring passionate physical expression through something wonderfully constructive like sports may hurt sometimes, and you may carry bruises and scars because of it, but it's worth every bit of ice-down to learn that it's ok to follow your wild side once in a while. So far, it hasn't made me any less of a girl!

(In my humble opinion)

:)

Jenny said...

Poor baby! Maybe they will not hurt as much as they look like they will!

Jen

HisPrincess said...

She is ok this morning. Quite proud of her purpleness!

She took great pleasure in "taking people out" which I'm assuming is teenage speak for tackling!

Anonymous said...

I was looking at this photo thinking "she LET you take this to put on your blog????????". Yep, it's another case for KOBMA (kids of blogging mother's anonymous), that's for sure!!!!

I wondered what was happening at the school yesterday.

HisPrincess said...

Yes, my kids are getting used to me taking obscure photos for my blog!

Joanie said...

Hmmm... I'm certain you immediately administered arnica! Do you have arnica cream there too?

Pink is one tough girl!

Praying she's well enough for netball, so her coach isn't irked! ;)

HisPrincess said...

Yes we have arnica cream too!

She's not so tough. You can bet your life that she will do her very best to get out of fitness training tonight!