Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gone Home

Pink's homegroup teacher from last year died yesterday. Pink's class were her last, as she left halfway through the year when she became ill.

She will be remembered forever for the compassion, care and love she showed her students. Pink's relationship with this teacher was at times rocky, due to them both standing up for what they believed in, but there was an underlying mutual respect.

So, Jane, we will remember a life that blessed us. Your choices, your character and your love and obedience to the Lord will live on forever. I pray that the Lords spirit will continue to give guidance and hope to all who watched you live out your calling. You have been covered with the blood of the lamb, and have been cleansed from all sin. Now that you have been called home the model of your life will be more than a memory; it will leave an indelible mark on the hearts and lives of all who loved you.

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

See you there.

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

I'm saddened to hear that Jane has been called home and her family is here to go on without her. At the same time, I'm thankful she is 'healed' and no longer suffering in her earthly body. Lord, I pray that you bless and comfort her family. Guide them, encourage them and fill them with love and hope that you alone provide to your children. I pray that you comfort her extended family and friends as they deal with her loss too. May your peace and joy overflow in each person's life. Thank you for being with us in every joy and sorrow life brings... In Jesus' precious name ~ Amen.

Leah Adams said...

I am so sorry to hear of this loss but I am thankful that she is with the Lord. May God bless each of you with His peace.

Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou for your kind thoughts Joanie and Leah. Jane's funeral is tomorrow (Wednesday here). Please pray for her husband, her children and her extended family.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Thanks for your prayers for the house that we are selling. I guess my biggest frustration and one that I didn't want to put on the blog is that I'm not sure my husband has asked the Lord to forgive us for building. The decision was his alone to go forward with building the house. I had voiced my opposition but I had to submit to what he wanted and now have to live with those consequences.

I truly believe that until he repents, we will not sell and we will continue to pay out and lose huge amounts of money.

I'm leaving this comment anonymously but you know who it is from. I don't want to dishonor him in any way.

I would love to have you for a neighbor, but it is a LONG way from Australia!!

Me

HisPrincess said...

How I would love to know what is going on inside my husbands mind sometimes!

I see a glimmer of hope every now and then to show me that the Lord is at work in his life. Just as the Lord is at work in your husbands life. Try to find peace in that knowledge. I know it's been a comfort for me.