Sunday, May 18, 2008

Not much happening

I've had a pretty quiet weekend, which I suspect is just what I need.

Yesterday I worked in the morning and then came home to tackle the weekend washing, cleaning and baking. My back was still giving me a bit of grief so I took it slowly and even found time for a Nana nap.

Today I went to church which was nice. Caught up with some friends and enjoyed the service. I was a bit surprised about that as the person preaching today is someone I have struggled to forgive and show grace to. But the sermon was interesting and mildly thought provoking, and I didn't at any time during the service feel the urge to hit him over the head with something, which is an urge I have had many times in the past.

It was a bit of a battle to get myself to church today. I didn't really want to go, I felt headachey and my back is still giving me trouble. Also in the back of my mind was who was preaching. I'm glad I went though. I think I've made progress there, and while I'm not quite ready to sit down and have a deep and meaningful with this person, at least I no longer feel tempted to throw something at him. So perhaps I am learning.

Since coming home I've made a batch of pumpkin soup, which I'm not sure I like. I tried a new recipe which has cumin in it. I don't think I like cumin. But I ate it anyway. As you do.

Now I'm thinking I need another nap. I just feel really flat. Still got that headache and back pain. Although yesterday I didn't get to sleep til really late because sleeping during the day really affects me like that. Perhaps I will just snooze in my chair while watching the footy.

Speaking of snoozing, I'm hoping I haven't put you to sleep with the inane details of my riveting weekend!

2 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm really glad you went!!! :)

Farmboy was nearly ready to throw something at him though. But said preacher did go on to dig himself out of the hole he started to dig. Me, I didn't even notice that particular comment. :)

I'm just about to write a post myself about this morning.

Anyway, sending you {{{HUGS}}} cos you're one special person. :)

HisPrincess said...

Ok, I will be reading your post with interest! I was a bit preoccupied with my back so wasn't paying complete attention! Perhaps thats a good thing with my violent tendencies!