Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sorry

Thought I'd share something I found while browsing the web the other day. I don't know who wrote it but it completely spoke to my heart.

Loving Father, all the fancy words in the world expressed in eloquent prose decorated with emotion, spoken with conviction can not compete with a heartfelt 'sorry' when all other words fail. There are times when we are all too aware of our limitations, conscious of sin and the distance it creates between us. Sometimes 'sorry' is all the heart can bear to say aloud. It is only you who can read and understand the language of our hearts. Only you who can translate our 'sorry' into the prayer we would have prayed if we had the words within us. Then you forgive, and having forgiven surround us in and embrace of love, drawing us close to your heart as it was always meant to be. Thank you, loving Father that you listen to hearts as well as voices. Thank you.

It says it all doesn't it?

5 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Amen.

Leah Adams said...

That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I found you through Stephanie (Ocean Mommy)at Notes from the Soul. I will definitely have to keep that quote.

Have a great week.
Leah

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for your feedback guys.
I thought it was pretty amazing. Wish I could say I wrote it!

Katie said...

What Joanie said: AMEN! What a succinct way to express so many emotions and feelings. I grew up Catholic with lots of prayers already written for us. When I can find something to read and ruminate on, I do much better than trying to make it up as I go along. Praying out loud in front of others is definitely out of my comfort zone. Thanks for sharing. I love your prayer journal also. I may start one privately.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.