Monday, February 18, 2008

Little Miss Productive

I'm feeling a bit smug at the moment. Yesterday after church DS and completely emptied his bedroom and started again. We even eradicated the dust bunnies from under the bed! We sorted through his old toys and threw away the broken and missing bits and put stuff out that he doesn't play with to be given away. He is most impressed with the end result. We moved some furniture arund and his room feels much bigger now.

I was on a roll then so I tackled DD's room (which surprisingly didn't take much!) and then I got REALLY energetic and tidied MY room. I generally just shut the door of my room. Keeping my room tidy has never been one of my strong points (just ask my Mum!) but I'm thinking it's time to start practising what I preach! I'm forever telling the kids to tidy their rooms!

So then feeling suitably pleased with myself I spent the rest of the day laying on the lounge with a cool drink and a good book.

Its such a nice feeling to know that your house is REALLY clean. I mean my house is usually tidy but yesterday I went above and beyond, moving furniture (and finding interesting "treasures") and sorting through cupboards. It's a great way to start the week. Can't promise I'll be doing it every weekend though!

2 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if some of that productivity could rub off on me???? Need me some...

HisPrincess said...

I'm really not sure where it came from! But I'm glad it happened. Missed you yesterday but didn't really expect to see you! Hope you have rested and recuperated.