Thursday, February 21, 2008

Braces Day

I had a fabulous day today. I took a dear friend with me when I went to Port Lincoln to have DS's braces fitted. Before our appointment we browsed the shops, had coffee (and malteser cake mmmmmm), and just enjoyed each others company.


Even DS's appointment wasn't traumatic. I was a bit worried that it would be but all went smoothly. He is in a little discomfort now, but that was to be expected. He chose green rubber bands to match his motorbike (of course!). As you can see below they are a very bright shade of green!


He was a bit reluctant to open up for me so I could get a really close picture. I guess he's a bit sick of people checking out his mouth!
So, that was my day. Now all we have to do is pay for this very expensive mouth full! Don't you just love being a parent!

3 valued opinions!:

lightening said...

I'll send him a copy of the application form for KOBMA (Kids Of Blogging Mothers Anonymous). ;)

Glad you had a nice day.

Joanie said...

To nice to hear you had a good day.

I love the bright green elastics around the brackets! Our son's favorite color is orange and his elastics are orange ~ he's never made a different color choice for the past year and a half...

Now that I'm blogging and taking frequent pictures, our children tend to "sigh" a bit more (and then do as I ask)! We moms are certainly funny, but I tell our children we're entitled. It's one of the benefits that God gives us... ;)

HisPrincess said...

Yes, he rolled his eyes at me. But still complied. He is my compliant one though. Princess 15 would have refused point blank.

DS is a bit sore and sorry today so having a day home from school.

He thinks he will choose red elastics next time. His Auntie works for the orthodontist we go to and offered to do a pretty pattern but he just chose green. I think he will go red and white for his favourite footy team during footy season! Just to annoy us since he is the only one who supports that team in the family!