Monday, February 4, 2008

Just Rambling Really

Hello.

Not much to report for the past few days so I thought I'd just log in and see what happens.

Went shopping today with DH and DS. DS needs to have braces and today was the appointment where they take an impression (gross seaweedy tasting stuff apparently) and get him measured up. His bands go on in two weeks time. The catch is he has a wobbly baby tooth that he is supposed to be wriggling out. He's a bit reluctant, says it stings and he hates the taste of blood. Its pretty loose so hopefully it will come out on its own in the next week or so.

DH spent the day looking through motorbike shops. I spent the day looking through op shops. I got a gorgeous pair of Roxy brand three quarter pants for DD. Paid $1 for them and they look brand new. I went to the Red Cross op shop which I haven't visited before. Small but very well managed and clean. My favourite one, St Vinnies is closed on Mondays so I've made a note to myself to not make any more othodontist appointments on Mondays!

The boys found their dream bike of course. Now they just have to sell DS's old one which he has grown to big for. Shouldn't be too hard, its in great condition and motorbikes that size in good order are pretty rare.

I went back to church yesterday for the first time since Christmas. I felt a bit "out of it" as there were people there that I hadn't caught up with in a while. The service was good, although since I had managed to get DS there without bribery I would have liked it to be a bit shorter. He was bored silly at about the half way mark. I wish people wouldn't ask me where the rest of my family is. It makes me feel such a failure as a wife and mother that I haven't managed to get them there. That is silly I know. There isn't a great deal more I can do in that respect, just pray and lead by example. It would be nice to be welcomed just for me without the question of where are the rest of you. I don't think people are being intentionally hurtful. But surely they should know by now that whoever I can manage to get there on a Sunday is all I can manage. Sometimes its hard to get ME there!

So, onto another week. The diet isn't going well. Tomorrow I shall start again.

Dear Lord, help me to be patient with my family as I pray for them to come to you, and help me to not push it because it's what I want. All things will happen in Your time. Help me to understand and be patient.
Thankyou for my children's good start to the school year. They are both happy and healthy at the moment and I truly thank you for that blessing.

0 valued opinions!: