Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Name Game

I have decided to follow Lightening's lead and name my family members rather than constantly calling them DH, DS and DD.

So here goes. DH I will call Fisherman because that is one of his true loves. He is also a keen gardner but fishing is his number one passtime. He can spend hours out in the boat and not catch a thing and still count that as a really good day.





DS, I will have to call Robbie after his favourite motorcross rider Robbie Matterson. Barely a day goes by when he doesn't go riding, he's forever building new jumps, making old jumps higher and just generally frightening the life out of his mother.
Here he is on his green machine, which is pretty much the exact shade of green as the elastics on his braces. He does wear a helmet BTW, he's just posing for the photo here. Guess what colour his helmet is.






DD will have to be Pink. She loves to sing songs by Pink, she likes to listen to Pink, and her favourite colour is pink. She has a pink bedroom, pink playstation, pink camera and pink ipod. She has an affinity with Lightening and what a surprise, they are both pink girls!
Could this room be any pinker? Note I didn't include the floor, that's because you can't see it!




There is one other constant visitor to our home so he may as well be considered a family member and that is Pink's boyfriend. I will call him Patience because thats what he is when it comes to Pink. She is extremely high maintenance at times and he is very tolerant and understanding, almost like a third parent sometimes, one that she listens to!




So there you have it. You have been officially introduced to the family.

4 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

How wonderful! I love how you've come up with names for your family. They seem to fit them quite well too! The pictures are great and I enjoy seeing a bit of your life.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Joanie.
How did the concert go?

Joanie said...

It's always a blessing to my heart to hear the wind symphony play. They played very well and the concert was a success. Afterwards, though I found out that our son had a light fixture cover fall on his head on Thursday morning. He has quite a bump and Friday afternoon had become nauseous and was quite dizzy, shaky, nauseated and his pupils were a bit dilated following the concert. I did ask him if he began taking arnica after it happened and he said no,because he had to be in classes all day. When we arrived at his apartment, I told him to take arnica and he found the bottle in his backpack (that he'd had with him all day yesterday and today). Ugh. So, we sent my daughter and younger son home via their brother's car and Benjamin, Kirstin and I went to the emergency room near their school to have him checked out. Diagnosis: post concussion syndrome. All the physical activity with school and the concert was causing his body to react to the "bump on his head" from yesterday. We need to monitor him for 24 hours, so I packed up both of them and brought them home (there is no way Kirstin is willing to be away from him when he's not well). We remade the bed in his old room and made up the futon for Kirstin. They're all settled in and the doctor ordered him to rest for the weekend and take it easy for a week. He called in sick to work for tomorrow and we'll see how he does. If there is improvement, they'll go back to school ~ if not, they'll stay for Sunday too. It's now 1:20 am in Seattle and my own body is exhausted. I'm praying for God's healing for Benjamin (and Blaine, as he called again and he's still not feeling completely well for a day full of airplane flights) and strength and protection for my own body. So, as wonderful as the concert was ~ I'm really tired; yet quite thankful that Benjamin's accident isn't more serious. Hope your day was filled with great joy!

HisPrincess said...

Glad to hear the concert went well. Sounds as though we have Sons in the wars! I'm glad that Benjamin is on the mend. I have been concussed twice (told you I was injury prone) and it's not fun. I will add both accident prone son's to my prayer list!