Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Contemplating

I've been pondering a lot lately on what is the Lord's plan for me. I'm a very practical person (well, I try) and I like to have clear directions. A comprehensive list of directions would be nice. Complete with step by step instructions and dot points. I do like dot points! I'm one of those people who likes order, and may be just a wee bit obssesive about labelling things. I find comfort in order and when things aren't clear to me and I don't know where I am headed I get a bit anxious. Well maybe more than a bit.

I've been checking out other peoples blogs and opinions and the ver clear message I'm getting is to stop seeking so much and stop and listen. But listen to what exactly? Does that mean I have to stop talking? Surely not?

If any of you wise bloggers out there have time to give me some advice (other than stop talking of course!) then I would dearly love to hear from you.

I just feel a bit like I'm drifting and I would love to have a purpose, something to acheive and strive for. And be sure that I m doing the Lords will.

I am trying so hard to be a good wife and mother, and a good example to my family. I am doing everything I can think of to help them come to the Lord but at times I get the sneaking suspicion that this is more for my benefit than theirs.

Dear Lord. Help me to be calm and not worry so much. Help me to be able to hear when you speak to me and allow you to speak through me. I'm just feeling a bit out of sorts with where everything is headed.
Please help me to be a good example to my family and lead by example. Help my daughter as she grows into a young woman, that she navigate the teenage years while keeping her integrity in tact and growing a love for you.
Help me to hear you Lord.
Amen.

4 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Sharon ~
I'm thrilled that my love letter to the Lord was a blessing to you! I read through your blog today and can relate to your struggles and where you are at. I, too, like order and labeling everything and having all 'my ducks in a row'. I like to know where I'm going and what I can expect along the way. I didn't grow up in a Christian home either and my husband was saved when our children were very young. It's been a learn-as-we-go-adventure! Over the years I've learned some valuable lessons through His Word.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
Also, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
And too, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Finally, "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:3-4
These are some wonderful verses filled with promises from God. They may not be answered in the way I was asking, but always in the way God desires for my life. If you ask, He will speak to you and reveal His wisdom. We must never give up in seeking God or asking Him for direction, but He doesn't want us to strive to try and make things happen either. We need to understand that we do not know if the Lord will cause things to change immediately or if it will take a long period of time (perhaps years). Yet, don't give up for at just the right time, the Lord will do a work ~ if we've kept on as He has asked of us. Our Lord Jesus truly desires a personal relationship with Him! Many people raised in the church walk away, because they only saw religion (routine format or ritual to walk through on a weekly basis, but not a real change in who people are ~ they aren't seeing others have a relationship with their Savior or experiencing it themselves.) And, often we reach a place where we've tried so hard for so long to make something happen and we can't keep it up any longer. It's then we 'let go and let God' and He is able to work. I have lived as a Martha for many years, but have discovered the beauty and blessing of being more Mary (and sitting at the Lord's feet). Luke 10:38-42 He is able to talk to me, walk with me, help me to learn how much He loves me, gain His wisdom, trust Him more with every aspect of my life and my life is more richly blessed than ever before. I spend more time in prayer and I'm falling more in love with His Word. My relationship with Him has blossomed and while life is far from perfect, I am discovering a peace and a joy that I've never known before. I am learning the only person I can change is myself. I continue to pray for everyone else that they would desire to allow God to do a refining work in their hearts and lives... Keep praying!
I am truly blessed by the prayers at the end of your blog entries. Thank you for being transparent in your walk with Jesus. He is so good and His love endures forever.
I am praying for you and your family. Your sister in Christ ~ Joanie

HisPrincess said...

Thank you so much Joanie.
I know the Lord truly is watching over me when he sends wonderful caring people like you to tell me exactly what I need to hear!
Thanks again!

Joanie said...

I loved your commentary regarding sheep on my blog! I can't tell you how absolutely jealous I am of all God has blessed you with ~ even delightfully dumb and misbehaving Dolly! I would love to continue to share with you, as the Lord directs me. If He ever blesses me with some acreage and the ability to get out of the city, I'll take you up on the sheep information offer! Feel free to e-mail me directly too, if you like: huckleberryharrises@yahoo.com (this will send a message to an old e-mail account we still monitor and then I would send you my current address ~ don't want random other people to pick up my e-mail address). I will be checking back on your blog regularly. It's currently 5:00 pm in afternoon in Australia on Tuesday and it's 10:30pm on Monday night here in Seattle (U.S.). My spiritual father is a wonderfully dear man who lives in New Zealand (missionary who is from NZ, but has traveled around the world for the Lord his entire adult life). I met him in Seattle and he has blessed my life tremendously over the years. It's an amazing blessing that the Lord may allow me to help someone else along their journey back in Ray's direction! It's such a small world... I pray His peace for you. Goodnight, my friend.

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou again. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you more!