Friday, February 22, 2008

Poor Baby

DS is in quite a bit of pain today. His teeth are feeling "all tight and sore" and he can't chew. I have had numerous phone calls from him while at work (apparently Dad isn't sympathetic enough!) just looking for a bit of comfort. He's a pretty stoic kid so the fact that he is complaining tells me it really does hurt him, poor kid.

Does anybody have some ideas as to some soft food he can eat with minimal or no chewing? He has been eating custard, yoghurt, mashed veggies but is telling me he wants "real" food. I suggested just having a normal dinner only I would process it in the food processor. This idea didn't thrill him but maybe it will once he gets hungry enough! I also suggested buying him some baby food to which he siad "not funny Mum". His sense of humour seems to have gone out the window!

Hopefully it will settle down over the weekend. I'm not sure what I will pack for his lunch if he is still in pain on Monday.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

How about a cheesy egg omlet? You could add some soft vegetables and shredded pieces of meat. Breakfast for dinner tonight! Muffins might be a good addition too...
When our children had their braces on, they ate a chicken spread (shredded chicken, green onion, a little minced garlic and mayonnaise spread all mixed together), as well as soup (but I don't know if it's too hot for soup there, right now). Our son was willing to 'suffer' through with as many milkshakes as I was willing to make for him. What about a fruit smoothie (ice, fruits and a bit of ice cream all blended together)? Don't know if I'm helpful, but thought I'd try before I'm off to bed. We have a natural medicine in the states called arnica montana (homeopathic); little tablets that you put under your tongue. It eases the pain (great for sports injuries too)~ though probably not real helpful for you. The tooth pain usually improves in a few days.

HisPrincess said...

I have arnica in my homeopathic kit, didn't even think of it so thanks for reminding me it's there!

We had battered fish and chips (sorry, fries)for dinner which I vitmaised in the food processor. Didn't look very pretty but he said it tasted good and involved no chewing. So its all good.

Thanks for your advice, I'm off to hunt out that arnica.....

Joanie said...

It's wonderful to know that you utilize homeopathic medicines! Arnica has really helped our children whenever they've had pain in their mouths from their braces. I usually take the bottle with me to our appointment, as we often run errands before returning home (it's nearly an hours drive north in another city where we lived).
We have fish and chips in the states too, but thanks for thinking I might not know what they were. So glad dinner tasted good to him!

HisPrincess said...

I first used Homeopathic remedies when DD was a baby and I was looking for something (ANYTHING!!!) to calm her and settle her colic.
She is a chamomile type and drinks chamomile tea now to help her sleep and settle her nerves.