Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Musings

I've just come to the realisation that I have done much reading, learning and thinking in the past few days but very little praying. Thats a bit of a downfall for me. I think about prayer, I write about prayer but I don't actually get down on my knees and pray nearly enough. I used to keep a prayer journal because I love to write but even that has taken a backseet since I've become more involved in blogging!

So, I'm thinking that I will use my blog as my prayer journal. It's basically the same thing. So I do apologise if I'm about to bore you with my prayers each day. I know, I could start up another blog! Thats what I will do, start up a prayer blog!

On another subject, it's raining today. Beautiful. After the heat wave we have been experiencing and the dust it is such a blessing. Thank you Lord, everything looks so much fresher already. Don't you just love the smell of rain, I especially love warm summer rain.

Ok. Time to get back to work!
God bless everyone.

2 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

I can so relate to being "busy" with reading, searching and life and suddenly realising I haven't spent time in prayer. I really like the start to your prayer journal blog. Your heart is truly beautiful!

I'm also reminded of Jesus' example over and over again as He shared the great importance of getting away (withdraw) and praying and being quiet before the Father. Without listening to His wisdom how can we possibly know His desires for us today and each day to come. Thank you for sharing.

*A side note: you didn't include your e-mail address in your last note to me. I will wait to respond until I hear from you again.

Praying His love and peace for you. May He open up the heavens and pour forth blessings (rain) upon your part of the world, in Jesus' precious and wonderful name! Joanie

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Joanie.
You should have my address by now. A case of trying to do too many things at once!