Sunday, February 24, 2008

Boys will be boys...

Robbie outdid himself yesterday. He has had his new motorbike for about three weeks and has been getting faster and faster as he gains confidence on it. Yesterday he came unstuck. He was out in the paddock on his bike track that he's built with the help of his Dad over the past 5 years or so. He landed a jump awkwardly, says he hit a rock and he wasn't going too fast (honest). He may not have been going too fast by his standards but I'm thinking my standards and his differ slightly!

The good news (thankyou Lord) is that he did no damage to himself whatsoever. Not even a scratch or a bruise. The bad news is the bike now has its very first batch of scratches and he's bent the handlebars, which will have to replaced.

He walked home because after stalling it he couldn't get going again and thinking that he had done some serious damage to his beloved bike had worked himself up into quite a state by the time he arrived. It took quite a while to work out that he was upset because he thought he'd "killed" his bike, not because he was hurt in anyway. He's not admitting it but I think he gave himself quite a scare in the process.

Lets hope that this experience will slow him down, even if only for a little while!

So, I'm thinking that is quite enough excitement for one weekend!

6 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Thank you Lord for protecting her Robbie. We give you praise for keeping him safe in the midst of this 'accident'. Motorbikes can be fixed or replaced. I pray that Robbie knows deep down that Your hand of protection was around him...

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou Joanie.
He has gone off to school happily today, sporting his new green braces. Hasn't got back on the bike though...

Joanie said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your new header for your blog! It's so beautiful!

HisPrincess said...

Yes I thought it was nice. Its actually one of the powerpoint backgrounds I've downloaded to use when I'm worship leading in church. I thought it matched really well with my colour scheme!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is looking amazing! I noticed you've claimed it at Technorati too! Well done! I'm posting on Technorati on my blogworld blog today (not that you obviously need it - it just happens to be next on my list).

HisPrincess said...

Yes I've claimed it at technorati but I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do next. So I shall be reading your post with interest!