Monday, June 30, 2008

Too busy to post!

What's with that? I have had the most hectic day and I didn't even THINK about blogging! That has never happened before!

Today was the last day of the financial year, and with steel prices set to rise by quite a bit in the next financial year I was under all sorts of pressure to get all the machinery orders sorted for 2009. It was a huge task, but it's left me with a feeling of accomplishment. I worked late today but left my desk tidy and organised, with just a few loose ends to sort out tomorrow.

I discovered a definate "up" side to Pink splitting up with her boyfriend on the weekend. Corey was lovely, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him. But on Sunday we went out to lunch with friends with just us. Just our family. That hasn't happened in quite some time. Last year we had a friend's daughter boarding with us and our family grew by one, then along came Corey and we were thinking about getting a bigger car! Now it's just us again, and it's nice. I didn't even realise I missed it.

And the BIG news...... drum roll please..... Robbie played his first game in the forward lines on Saturday and he got a goal! We could tell he was really excited, but trying to play it cool. Pink was really proud of him and gave him a big hug in front of his friends which he pretended was really embarrasing but he was pretty chuffed. He loves it when she gives him approval.

4 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Way to go! It feels good when one has a busy, but productive day...

Glad to hear God showed you a 'treasured gift' and you all had some great family time together.

Way to go Robbie! How exciting for him! And all of you... :)

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This is a cute post. With young children I haven't thought ahead to boyfriends/girlfriends. Thankfully I already have a big van so I think I'll be ok.

Maybe I should think ahead and try to set some boundaries like, Friday night is always family night.

Glad I stopped by today!

agrantham81 said...

Hey, Have been busy too. Your post sort of sums it up nicely. Am thinking along the lines of truth4thejourney and setting aside a day for family bits. That is if I ever get past sleeping 27 hours a day. LOL.

Will try and post and update soon.

Amy

HisPrincess said...

Hi Joanie, yes Robbie was very excited to get his first goal. It's made him more enthusiastic about football, which until now he was only playing because thats what his mates did.

I think it's best not to think ahead to the boyfriend/girlfriend stage! No point in scaring yourself! But seriously, we made a point of making Pink's boyfriend welcome at our house, at least then we knew where they were and what they were doing!

Great to hear from you Amy, how is everything going?