Sunday, June 22, 2008

Walls

We talked in church this morning about building walls around our hearts, and not letting Jesus inside.

I feel like I've hit a wall lately. I don't know why exactly, and I can't pinpoint the problem, but I feel stuck. I don't even know what my wall is, I just know that I've hit it. And at the moment I just don't have the energy to try to climb it or go around it.

It's not work, I'm enjoying my new job, and it's not home, everything is calm and peaceful here (for the moment).

The fact that I've not picked up my bible in three weeks could have something to do with it. I have kept my prayers going, but I've let life get in the way of spending time with the Lord. Even at church this morning I felt disconnected, and had to make a conscious effort to speak to people. Worship even had some of my favourite songs with my favourite leader, and still I felt, I don't know, just not really there.

I feel like I'm letting Satan win at the moment, and I just don't have the energy to fight.

I want to pray, but can't find the words, so if someone out there can help, I'd appreciate it.

12 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

Today Sharon, our worship leader shared about how often we get put on hold on the phone calls as we wait for an operator to take our call... but God is with us 24/7 and never puts us on hold! How awesome is that?

He never slumbers and He never sleeps.... how awesome is that?

Remember that even though you feel distant - you dont have to because He is with you all the way all day!

Sometimes when I cant pray I find a fav. worship CD and while listening, I start to commune with God and He reminds me I am His princess.. it helps me focus on Him rather than my inadequacies!

So I pray you may feel God in your being, trusting that He is still at work and He does care for your every part!
Love Lynette

Anonymous said...

I love the saying in Shrek about onions having layers...

Layers? I have layers too!!! We all do! But God can peel them away if we let Him! Its good to know we have layers - some are tougher than others!

Joanie said...

I'm right there with you Sharon...

Because Blaine is in England on business, I went to Starbucks during second service (while Nicholas and Elizabeth had commitments) and spent time writing in my journal. Same conclusion ~ just a few hours ago. Feeling quite blah right now, but know I need to spend more time in His Word and keep praying. I'm going to pull weeds in the front yard all afternoon, so will give me time to meditate on what's "in my way". I'll pray for both of us.

Wish I could be helpful, but it's comforting (at some level) to know we're not alone.

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Lynette, I often turn to worship music as well which is why I was surprised that worship didn't move me. Thanks for your prayers.

Joanie, we are kindred spirits aren't we. I haven't worked out whats in my way yet, and to be honest I've not spent much time thinking about it. I just know I don't feel right.

lightening said...

I pondered on this overnight (well, not ALL night).

My first thought is that you've come through a time of more intense spiritual growth and this may just be a natural "dip" in the ups and downs. It's in these times that our faith can really be tested (and grow) because we don't necessarily "feel" close to God and have to rely on our belief that he still IS close.

My second thought is similar and has just come to me. I've just posted about my experiences with netball over the past week and wonder if you're in a similar place with your walk with God. The "one foot in front of the other even though it's hard" type phase.

{{{HUGS}}} and hang in there. :)

HisPrincess said...

Yes. I guess I will just keep plodding.....

Joanie said...

I always appreciate Lightening's insights... And, I understand how you're feeling. It seems like no matter what someone says to me or if I pray or just keep moving forward ~ something is definitely in my way. Though I spent 4+ hours outside pulling grass and its roots out of my flower beds, I still don't feel any insight into what's going on - just blah!

I'm off to bed, so will check in on you tomorrow.

HOLD FAST TO HOPE, my friend! I'm trying to...

Anonymous said...

Hey gals - just a thought - does it matter how we are feeling?

Our feelings are not always a reflection of the truth! Just because we feel low does not mean God is on holiday!

Doesnt it mean we need to draw closer to Him and just be still and be in His presence even if we feel like nothing is happening.... don't we need to be quiet to listen effectively to one another and God too?

If we dont give Him time and space to minister to us, then how do we know His plan for us?

This has been my own challenge of late .
Maybe it can help you too.

Even if we feel down, we have to TRUST God that He knows and is at work in us !

Anonymous said...

sorry that last comment was from me Lynette

HisPrincess said...

Joanie I love Lightening's insights too, actually I love Lightening!

Lynette you make a really good point. Perhaps I will spend some quiet time with my bible and the Lord and let Him do his job. I'm a great one for trying to do everything on my own.

Kelly said...

The bible says that when we don't know what to pray, that the holy spirit will intercede for us. (I can't reference the scripture without some research - sorry). So just pray for the Holy Spirit to intercede for you and he will do the rest!

And friends can pray for you too.

HisPrincess said...

Thats a very comforting thought Kelly, thankyou for that.