Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My blogging voice

In browsing through my favourite blogs this week I've come across a bit of a theme. What is my motive for blogging? Is it about me or is it about Jesus? Also is the blogging me the real me?

Upon pondering these questions I think I've come up with some answers. When I orginally started blogging it was purely for me. It was an avenue for me to share my thoughts, prayer requests and general happenings. It wasn't long before I discovered that through my blog I could bless others, and that has been an amazing experience. Having said that, I think I need to work on my blog becoming more Christ centred. Because I need to work on becoming more Christ centred.

As for my blog being the real me. I like to think it is. It's a more eloquent version of me because I have always been far better at expressing myself through the written word. I have people I know who read this blog and they haven't started viewing me as though I have a split personality so I'm hoping that's a good sign!

I read other's blogs and they bless my walk with the Lord so much. I truly beleive that the Lord led me to the blogging world (with a little help from Lightening!) so that I could come into contact with some amazing, honest and Christ centred women. I don't feel that I am spiritually mature enough to hand out advice, but I'm really enjoying gaining knowledge and encouragement from you lovely ladies. I hope to one day be able to contribute to others lives in the same way that you have blessed mine.

Lord, thankyou for introducing me to this wonderful blogging family. I pray that I can let you dwell in my heart permanently, and that I can learn to look to you in all things. I pray that I can come to a place where I know for certain that my decisions and my life is led by you.

8 valued opinions!:

lightening said...

Honey, we already KNEW about your split personality!!! ;)

In all seriousness, some great reflections there. Working on being more Christ-centred is something we all need to continue to work on.

Don't sell yourself short though. You have an incredible wisdom and insight into situations.

Of all the friends I've had in life, you're the first that seems to have REALLY understood me. It's something very valuable and precious to me.

HisPrincess said...

What does that say about us, that we understand each other? ;)

Kelly said...

Awww,what a nice blog!! I've found that being Christ centered is a journey. Just when I think "I got it!" I do soemthing to blow it. And God keeps being God and forgives me and get working again. I think you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Joanie said...

Dear friend... wow! The fact that you took time to analyze what you are doing and why is very mature. Our Christian faith is a journey and we're in this together. Great reflections. It makes me realize I need to 'stop and pause' again. I know I've needed to for a time now, but we've been so busy with our remodel project... Not an excuse or acceptable, but my reality.

You are real! That's one of the reasons I am so thankful for you and love you as a dear friend (though we've only known each other for a short time). You have blessed me with wonderful insight, wisdom and encouragement. You are a treasured gift from God! A precious gift that God brought into my life and gave to me at just the right time. Oh, how I hope and pray that I am a little of that, in return, to you.

Just keep being you and God will do all the rest. You know Him and love Him and want more of Him in your life. You're on the right track. Thank you for sharing!

HisPrincess said...

Kelly, thanks for that. I find I'm much the same, but we never really do "get it" do we?

Joanie, you were such a find! I too treasure your friendship, advice and insights. I am so thankful that the Lord directed you to my blog.

Joanie said...

Actually Sharon, the Lord brought you to my blog... You left a comment on my entry "A love letter" on February 17th. The rest, as they say is HIStory!

Anonymous said...

What insight Sharon, but don't go trying too hard as its not about works remember!
We all fall short and the worst thing we can do is compare ourselves to others around us!
We need to be more concerned about our relationship with God! Hard as that is.

I love how discerning you are! You are also an amazing parent!

Blessings on you and yours at this time.
Lynette

Leah Adams said...

Sharon,

We are blessed to have met you!! I've been away for the weekend so I have lots of reading to do to catch up. I'll be back to visit later on this week.

Leah