Monday, June 9, 2008

Please Pray

Ok, six days later and she is still crying. I feel completely helpless and it just breaks my heart.

I think a big part of this is that she isn't just losing a boyfriend, but a group of friends also because he integrated her into his social circle, while isolating her from her own. I don't think he did this on purpose, Pink was more than happy to feel she belonged with his group. But now she feels lost and isolated. The fact that she instigated the break up (by kissing another boy - oh the drama's of teenage love) makes it all the worse for her because she has guilt as well.

I've talked to her about why she kissed the other boy (whom has been a close friend of hers for several years). She says she was feeling smothered, and angry that BF was telling her who she could and couldn't be friends with. This was her way of rebelling. I don't think she foresaw (is that a word?) the consequences.

The end result is that all his friends have rallied around him as the "wronged" party, and she is being painted as the scarlet woman. It's been a tough lesson to learn and I fear that the lesson is far from over. She is yet to face school.

Please pray that she can get through this week at school, and that she can learn from this experience and move forward. Please also pray for the Lord to watch over her, and help heal her hurting soul. Also please pray for me. I just want to keep her home and protect her, but I know that isn't the answer. She has to face up to BF and his friends tomorrow, I just pray that it won't be too traumatic for her.

That's it. No more boyfriends. I'm sending her to a convent.

Lord, please use this experience to bring Pink closer to you. Help her to know you are there and look to you for comfort. I pray that she can carry herself with dignity tomorrow and not say or do anything that will make matters worse. Please guide her tongue and let her speak with wisdom and honesty.


8 valued opinions!:

Unique Gowns said...

Joys of parenthood :) I agree with you, first day back at school will be a tuff one all around. I hope you will remain calm for Pinks sake. Best wishes Dana

HisPrincess said...

Thanks Dana. I'm trying to remain calm.

Unique Gowns said...

I know peergroup pressure is felt by all families. Tell Pink, that she will find out through this who her real friends are .... keep talking to her. Dana

Kelly said...

hi - I think your comments are very insightful - that subconsciously Pink did this on purpose.

Pink is learning lots of good lessons now. Why having your own friends is so important, what to look for in a future mate, how to handle lifes disappointments. Experience is a great teacher. She's going to grow through this pain, as we all do.

Pray, pray, pray. And find some great scriptures to write on file cards and tape to her mirror, closet door, etc.

Joanie said...

I continue to pray Sharon... I know this is a tough situation with Pink and no easy answers. After my previous comment and how I would go about this with my own children (and your reply), I do better understand the complexity of the situation. There is no easy human answer, but I am trusting it into the Lord's hands and know He has a plan and a hope for her future (and yours). May He guide, comfort, give peace and bring Joy in the midst of a difficult trial in your lives... I'm praying that Pink will come to know the Lord in a new and very personal way! I really feel for all you're going through right now. It does break a mom's heart to watch their children hurt. May God give you the words and actions to comfort and support Pink each day. And may you find peace in the midst of this storm... His love truly endures forever and in every situation!

HisPrincess said...

Dana, she has already discovered some friends who have been a great comfort and who have really cared for her, which is a positive.

Kelly, I'm quite sure she did this on purpose, even if she didn't realise it at the time. Corey was very controlling and I could see that she would only put up with that for a short time. Hopefully she will never let a boy over run her life again, and she is remain true to herself in the future. Great idea with the scripture verses! I will definately do that.

Joanie, Thankyou so much for your kind thoughts and words. I have just dropped her at school so now I will pray every moment I think of it.

Unique Gowns said...

I can't wait to hear re today ??? How did Pink survive the day ?
Dana

Jenny said...

Teenage love is hard! May had a boyfriend from church early this year, then she started texting this other boy, they were just friends and then boom! He is the new boyfriend, but church was kinda weird for awhile.

It is hard to see them go through it but when they are happy it is great!

I am so GLAD you all got some rain!!!