Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Computer cat.

This is Boris. He is my Russian Blue. My kids are both a little disturbed that they have been replaced by a cat. And I have to admit that sometimes I love him more!

As you can see, Boris isn't too keen on flash photography, I couldn't get him to keep his eyes open. He has a bit of a thing for the computer. He loves to sit on your lap while you surf the net, and at the point where he feels that you are paying more attention to the computer than him, he simply sits on the keyboard. And smiles. I swear he is smiling.

You may have noticed that I am a cat person. I like dogs ok, but cats are just really cool. They are so independant and self reliant. I like that they spend time with you when they choose to, I love the way they move, and I love the way cats live life on their own terms. The thought of doing something to please a human is completely alien to them. You never own a cat, a cat chooses to live with you. And if you are really lucky, you get one like my Boris. He is an "in your face" kind of boy. He demands attention, he loves nothing better than to lick your nose in the morning and pur in your ear while you are trying to sleep. He is completely secure in the knowledge that he is the boss, and that everyone in this family adores him.

And Zsar Boris (he has to be a Zsar, he's Russian Royalty) has decided that I've been here long enough. He is constantly pushing buttons and chasing my fingers on the keyboard. So since His Highness has spoken I guess it means it's time for me to go.

I've scared you all now haven't I. There you were thinking I was this normal, sane person when really I'm in training to be a scary old cat lady!

9 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

Oh dear... and I had such high hopes for you! :) Alas, I am a dog person. There is nothing like the unconditional devotion of a dog. Cats are ok, but there is no comparison to having such a faithful companion (though I admit there are days when I just want my space and the dog out from under my feet). I do understand about cats, their attitudes and choosing to live with you.

That said, I do think Boris is quite handsome (for a cat) and he is definitely SMILING!

Kelly said...

I'm a dog person. But I know why pets replace kids...they never say "I don't like this" or "gross" when you feed them. ha.

Cute kittie.

Jenny said...

I know much on cats or dogs, I think that makes me the crazy person! We have a dog, Shelby, and I like him but that's as far as it has progressed.

Pretty cat though!
Jen

lightening said...

I'm a cat person too. And given I've just discovered your cat reads my blog, well, I'm totally smitten!!! LOL.

HisPrincess said...

Joanie, yes, I'm sorry! But thats ok, I'm sure we can still be friends. My mum is a dog person, she has them living in her house replacing her children and we are still friends! :)

Kelly, you can also put a pet outside when they annoy you. If you did that to your kids you'd be in trouble with child welfare!

Jenny, I think he's adorable. But I'm biased.

Lightening. Yes, I thought you would notice the background! Pink goes so well with grey!

Joanie said...

I like your mum already! What kind of dogs does she have? I can only imagine that if you and I have become quick friends, it would be the same with her! My mom is a cat person too, although my dad and I prefer dogs.

I really enjoy your 'view' on life, faith and your outlook in general. You have a great sense of humour and make me SMILE (even for a crazy cat lady)! :)

Katie said...

Boris is gorgeous. The very cat I would like to have, if I were to get a cat. If you ever get tired of him, ship him to Seattle. I am allergic to cats and dogs, cats more than dogs, but seems to want a pet anyway. I am not the most mobile person so have given up on getting a small dog that would need to be walked. I have heard that dogs have "owners" and cats have "staff!"

HisPrincess said...

Joanie, my Mum has two Australian Terriers, they look a bit like a silkie, but bigger. They are her babies and she adores them. Even buys them Christmas presents and wraps them and puts them under the tree. We poke fun at her and rib her about replacing us to which she replies that her dogs are much better behaved!

Katie you are right about cats having staff! They certainly seem to think we were put on this earth to wait on them! I too have always wanted a Russian Blue, and have discovered much to my delight that they don't shed like other breeds, so that just makes him even more perfect. If you are allergic maybe you could get one of those hairless ones! Although as much as I love cats I have to say that they are the ugliest things I have ever seen!

Leah Adams said...

Oh my, I am such a cat person too. I had a Russian Blue for 16 years and I loved him so. His name was Temi and he was such a funny little dude. Very standoffish unless he wanted to be near you. It was all about him and what HE wanted. He went into kidney failure and I had to put him down in 2005. I miss him terribly.

Thanks for the beautiful picture.