Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

I know this is no great revelation to most of you, but it really is that simple.

I tend to over think, analyse, worry, justify when all I really need to do is look up.

Last night I tore myself away from my blog to go sit and spend some time with my bible. I dug out my bible quote journal and just started reading and taking notes.

I started where I left off last time, in Hebrews, and isn't it amazing that I was reading about perserverance, faith, don't give up, hold on to hope. Of course I shouldn't be surprised, and I'm not really surprised, but I'm certainly grateful that the Lord prompted me to read those passages when I most needed them.

Nothing startling happened. I had no great revelations, or visions, just a feeling of peace.

So there is a lesson for me. Next time I hope it doesn't take me three weeks to pick up my bible, but I had a strong sense that I just didn't want to do it. I need to learn to recognise that for what it is, and pick up my bible anyway. Satan had me convinced that it was just a book, and wouldn't offer any comfort or help, I had even stopped taking my bible to church and reading along with the bible readings.

Lord, thankyou for perservering with me. I pray that in the future I can recognise Satan's interference in my life and look to you to help me overcome it.

8 valued opinions!:

Anonymous said...

It's good to keep God in our lives. People these days forget what it's all about.

Unique Gowns said...

Hi
God plays a major part in our everyday lives. I have found this excellent blog , I am sure you will find it as a great meditation and comfort tool.
http://uniquechristeninggowns.blogspot.com/2008/06/ellies-does-not-wisdom-call-highly.html
this is a link to my blog rave about it.... Drop me a line and tell me what you thought. Dana

Joanie said...

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits and in His word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchman wait for the morning, more than watchman wait for the morning." Psalm 130:5-6

Hold Fast to HOPE. May the anticipation of who God is and what He is doing in and through your life fill you will hope, peace, excitement, perseverance, love, joy and contentment. May you seek Him eagerly each day ~ and may you hear the quiet whisper of His voice calling out to you, His princess, that He loves you, cares for you and is with you always!

Peace to you, my friend. Working in my 'garden' is very therapeutic. While nothing has really changed, I am filling up with a peace that is from Him alone. He meets us right where we're at, comforts and encourages us and guides each footstep. I am His and He is mine. I am reminded when I feel "like this" to listen to the song - Who am I? - and once again know that I am His child.

I am thankful that the Lord is speaking to you. I am delighted to hear that He has opened your eyes to see the lies of our enemy. I am glad that He is showing you that He loves you and has a word for you ~ from His Word ~ that has withstood all of time. He is good and His love endures forever...

Kelly said...

Never give up! God never gives up on you! Keep reading. And praying. I'm right there with you. The feeling ebbs and flows, but God stays the same...always there waiting for us to come home. The prodigal son returns, again. And the father always runs out to great him. Amen.

Kelly said...

Oops GREET him, not great him.

Jenny said...

I run into that from time to time, the good news is...
tomorrow morning is a brand new start!!

Have a great evening!
Jen

HisPrincess said...

Thankyou for your wise words Joanie. I've come to rely on you for that!

Kelly, never giving up is the key isn't it. It just sneaks up on you sometimes and you realise you are giving up without even noticing.

Jenny, yes tomorrow is a new day! The trick is to start it out as a new beginning, and not carry on with yesterdays disappointments.

Joanie said...

"The trick is to start it out as a new beginning, and not carry on with yesterday's disappointments."

Wonderfully wise reply full of so many teachable points!

Thank you for sharing your insight. For me, it was a real blessing and so TRUE FOR WHO I AM!