Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The dentist post mortem

No the dentist doesn't need a post mortem, I didn't kill him! Its a post mortem of the procedure! He was very gentle, only hurt a couple of times when he got really close to the nerve. They had a tv for me to watch which was a great idea, took my mind off what was going on in my mouth a little. Although it's pretty hard to watch tv when there are two hands and various sharp instruments poking around in your mouth.

The main thing is that I have survived! I've decided that it's not such a bad thing to let your dentist know that you are chicken. Because I was honest about how I felt about the procedure (terrified) and not acting all stoic (like I normally do) he took great care to make sure he gave me LOTS of anesthetic, and he was very gentle, and stopped every now and then to check that I was ok. He was keeping a close eye on my hands to see how tense I was and every time I tensed up he would stop and check with me.

I have another appointment in June (very busy dentist, only one in the whole district) for a similar procedure, and I feel a little better about the whole thing now. So thank you anyone who prayed for me, I feel it really helped.

3 valued opinions!:

Joanie said...

So thankful you 'survived' (though I knew you would). Isn't it funny how we seem to come through things better when we admit our weaknesses?

So relieved to know you did well and are feeling dental improvement... It's off to the orthodontist on Thursday for me.

He is faithful ~ Joanie

HisPrincess said...

Yes indeed! I pray that your trip to the orthodontist gives you answers!

Jenny said...

Way to go!
Have a great night!
Jen