Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I FORGOT THE CAMERA!!!!!

I can't believe I did that!

Yesterday was the end of a very very busy weekend for me and I didn't get a single photo of ANYTHING!

We started on Friday night with my 16 year old neices debutante ball. She looked stunning and it was so lovely to see her dancing with her Dad (my brother). It was such a wonderful moment, my sister in law caught it on camera but I forgot!

Then Saturday Pink played netball against her cousin (the same one who made her debut the night before, she was pretty tired!) and it would have been great to get that on camera. But guess what? Someone FORGOT the camera!!!

Sunday I worship lead for the baptism for another of my neices. It was a beautiful service. One that I will post in more detail about later, because it deserves much more attention. We had the whole family at church for the first time in about 20 years. Great opportunity for a family photo wouldn't you think? Pink also sang a song at the baptism. She did really well considering when she woke up she had no voice. Her voice had partially returned by the time we got to church and luckily we have a very talented guitarist who took it down a key so that she could reach the high notes in her new low voice! Yes, more photo opportunities. Luckily my mother in law didn't forget, and I will get those emailed to me so I will be able to share those eventually.

Then yesterday was Robbies birthday. I took 5 kids to Whyalla to go ten pin bowling. They had a huge time. But.....you guessed it. I have to say I was pretty relieved when the day was over. And extremely relieved to be rid of one of the boys. He was a certifiable pain in the you know what for the whole day. And I know his parents from church really well and I'm SURE he doesn't behave like that for them. I seriously couldn't turn my back on him for a second. He got told off by staff in almost every shop we went into. I turned my back on him at the bowling alley and he ran (well, slipped and slid mostly) all the way down the lane to the pins. I was not amused. I was more than a little surprised. I thought he was a nice boy, his mother certainly thinks he's a nice boy. I sure hope MY son doesn't misbehave like that when he's out with other people. Might have a chat with him about that incidentaly. Even the other kids had had enough by the end of the day and were glad to be rid of him.

Anyway. I'm off to the beach today to visit with my brother and sister in law before they fly back to Perth. I love catching up with them. And it's a beautiful day today so I'm looking forward to spending at the beach. Perhaps I should try to remember my camera and take a photo!!!!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

2 valued opinions!:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! I have one friend like that. Eventually it got so bad, we just kinda quit hanging out with them!

Have a nice relaxing day!

Jen

Joanie said...

What an exciting weekend you had! I can't wait to hear more (and see some pictures when others e-mail them to you)... What a bummer that you didn't have the camera, but your words shared the delightful details. How 'interesting' that Pink's voice was affected on a special morning at church, but I'm thankful God blessed her to sing anyway. What great joy to have the WHOLE family at church! Did it go well? How were things afterwards? The next day? Any discussion or just 'back to life'? You must know I'm so eager to hear... However, I so understand how full your days are this week (and I'll still be around when things are quieter there). Rejoicing over the first step.

I think it's your coffee day with the girls today ~ if I'm remembering your schedule correctly. I pray it's a really relaxing and joy-filled time. So glad the Lord worked it out for you.

I better run. I was gone all day yesterday and need to catch up, at home, today.